Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#102553 01/15/2001 2:52 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Hi !!! I am a potential purchaser of UBB for my web site... so I would like some clarifications from you guys...

i) What the best platform to install UBB on?

ii) Do you recommend a good and fast Web Hosting Service on which UBB would work without problems?

iii) Can UBB split into frames? I mean the threads to appear in one frame and when you select the desired thread, the messages of the this thread to appear in another frame?

iv) Is there a backup facility on UBB so that in case of disaster, I could have a set of backups with all the data and configuration of my forums that I can restore within a few minutes/hours?

thank you in advance
AkaX

#102554 01/15/2001 3:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
UNIX systems are generally the best system to run perl scripts IMHO.

On your second question, isn't that the case with any website stuff, get the best performing server? I've seen UBB's run well on free web hosts, so most paid hosts will run them just fine.

On the frame issue, somone else will have to answer that. I just know its not a built-in feature and would probably require some heavy script modifications to get it to work that way.

Currently there is no automatic backup component of UBB. Right now you either rely on your web host making periodic backups or you backup your site yourself via FTP. I would say to restore a backup would generally require about an hour max.

------------------
Doug
Moderator: Cool UBB Examples
I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, 1 invisible), 901 guests, and 169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29