Hop To
#105218 10/28/2000 4:24 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
i did the two help test ok, but the ubb_test.cgi came up with this,

It looks like there was an error:
Your script produced this error: Can't locate File/Basename.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .) at ./ubb_test.cgi line 53. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./ubb_test.cgi line 53.
looked for this file in the ubb .zip and was not there.

i noticed a post about /bin dir, i put both hello.cgi and hello.pl in the cgi-bin,
working with unix server at tripod.
dont know about the perl working or not in the cgi-bin, and if do make a bin dir, will the server suport it?
it seemed to work on the test. http://members.tripod.com/roandoakofgod/cgi-bin/hello.cgi
hello.pl
ubb_test.cgi are there now also, but have not uploaded any others, as i was following the test instrutions, in the helpreadme.txt

#105219 10/28/2000 10:07 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
UBB will not run on tripod. As far as I know, no one has successfully installed on tripod.

Other free Unix hosts that are compatible with UBB include www.hypermart.net and www.virtualave.net

[This message has been edited by Hal (edited 10-28-2000).]

#105220 10/28/2000 4:18 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
why? would you be more spasific.
i also have a pay server with cgi-bin, but everytime i try to access it the server wont respond.

#105221 10/28/2000 4:29 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Well, without being the SysAdmin over at Tripod its hard to tell. Its probably something in their cgi setup. No one really knows why it won't run, but it never has. That's the risk you run using a free host.

If you have a pay server and it won't run there, please post the details of the problem you're having, including the UBB version# and a link to your control panel. Also, a link to that web hosts page would help.

------------------
Doug
darksaber.hispeed.com
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

--J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

#105222 10/29/2000 3:31 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
If you have a pay server and it won't run there, please post the details of the problem you're having,
everytime i try to access the the cgi-bin with ftp it wont respond and the program say 300 seconds no responce. so i made a new one in a different dir. and it is same.

including the UBB version# 2000d

and a link to your control panel. not shure what you mean.

Also, a link to that web hosts page would help.http://64.177.8.111 i havent done mutch here yet, need to learn more. and there help pages have not been alot of help to me. may need to look farther, have figured out some.

Visit our Getting Started page at http://www.christianwebhost.com/gettingstarted.html
It has an image map of the administration suite and what each function does.

they have a ubb so i know it should work.

#105223 10/29/2000 4:54 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
I guess I don't understand what you mean about an FTP timeout. That is not a problem with UBB, but a problem with either your FTP software and/or the web host. Those problems should be directed to the appropriate party.

I checked the host's faq and they do say they support cgi's. So I didn't see anything there that would preclude UBB from running on their servers.

You say you created another cgi-bin, from the host's faq I don't think that will work. Their faq specifically says your cgi-bin is at www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin

Finally, the url to your control panel is the link that points to the cp.html file.

------------------
Doug
darksaber.hispeed.com
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

--J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 919 guests, and 149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29