Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Something changed from 6.1.0.2 - the path is now sett o the base url instead of base/ubb, so all the custom graemlin code is dorked up because it's looking in base/graemlins instead of base/ubb/graemnlins now.

[This message was edited by Charles Capps on November 05, 2002 at 11:03 AM.]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
ok more detail - it's only effecting those that are changed from the defualts - the lower custom entries are ok - but I need to now type in the full path "/ubb/graemlins/xxx.gif" if i want to replace one of the defaults - however some are too long and I can't enter the whole path because the field is limited. I seem to remember someone telling me where to edit the code to extend the field length to a reasonable limit, instead of the 20 or so it is currently set at. That template was obviously overwritten in this latest update, rendering those graemlin path entries incorrect.

I guess I'll go search for my old post and see what template to edit...again. BTW - that field was supposed to be opened up like 5 updates ago.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Bryan, the proper path for all custom graemlins is 'graemlins/name.gif', nothing else - *NO PATH*

The proper path for all DEFAULT graemlins is 'name.gif', nothing else - *NO PATH*.

The NonCGIURL is automatically prepended to the paths by the browser.

You do not need to place the path inside the fields, nor do you need to place replacements for the default graemlins inside the graemlins/ directory.

This is not a bug.

--
Charles Capps
Programmer, Infopop Corporation
Please do not contact me privately for support - post on the board or open a support ticket instead!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 471 guests, and 191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29