Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
When is the meter bars for POLLS going to be fixed? I am embarrassed at having this on my side.

I have three people answering different answers, (33%) and the meter bar goes to the end.

I have another one where 2 answered one (67%) and the other answered 1 (33%) and the 67% meter bar goes all the way and the 33% goes half way.

The ZERO percents all have little meter bars, instead of nothing!

Seems like the whole thing is whacko!

Using 6.4.0

[This message was edited by Charles Capps on February 20, 2003 at 05:52 PM.]

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
This is the designed behavior - the bars are visual indicators and the percentages are the percentages.

The 0% bar has to be at least one nbsp wide due to a MacIE bug.

--
Charles Capps
UBB.classic™ Developer
Having problems? Open up a support ticket!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Both of these designs are incorrect. The highest bar goes to the end -- that is what 100% does in any graph or application.

Currentlyl, if you have something that is 33% and 67%, you have one going 33% of the screen, and the other one going 100% of the screen width. The display of both bars gives a TOTALLY wrong reflection. This reflects a very inaccurate statistics.

If it is 67%, then have the meter go 67% of the width, not 100% of the width.

a) Get the total width of the screen
b) take 67% of that width, and the HTML table is that wide and the other is 100 - 67, not filled.

I don't understand your reason on the "MacIE bug"? If something is 0, your code can easily
say "if 0, don't do anything" - don't create any HTML code or display an entire different TABLE.

Are you saying you are unable to make both of these corrections to your code, or are you saying that you feel the design of both of these are accurate?

Thank you.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
No, I'm saying that it was designed to stretch the highest bar all the way across on purpose - an intentional design decision.

--
Charles Capps
UBB.classic™ Developer
Having problems? Open up a support ticket!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
If it is intentional, then why? I can't understand why an intentional decision was made to make something that is 60% graph to be 100% - I do not follow you in anyway.

Take a look at this - it looks completely inaccurate. Why is the 60% graphed at 100%?

[]http://www.innquest.com/infopop.JPG[/]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, 1 invisible), 901 guests, and 169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29