UBB.classic version 6.7.1 has been released to the Member Area.
Version 6.7.1 is a maintainance release in which a lot of small but noticeable items have been attended to. The FAQ has been updated with over a dozen new entries, and has been given a more logical question order. The new entries will be added to the bottom of your current FAQ during the upgrade, but the existing questions will not be reordered. If you have not made any changes to your board FAQ, you should overwrite vars_faq.cgi with a copy from the zip file to get the improved default FAQ order. Be careful - overwriting vars_faq.cgi will delete any custom FAQ entries that you have made.
The exporter has also been updated to make importing into the Eve platform faster.
The following items have been fixed:
- The QuickReply box on private message pages now properly obeys your signature preference.
- A "profile not found" error is no longer thrown if a user profile is deleted while the user is browsing the board.
- Ignore and Buddy lists no longer disappear after being submitted. If your ignore or buddy list disappeared, it will reappear after the upgrade.
- Misc. XHTML compliance fixes.
- Added the user birthdate to the new registration / edit profile confirmation screen.
- If a user has chosen the email form contact method, the email icon is now shown with his or her posts.
- Moderator notifications of new posts were not properly appending the forum name in some cases. Note that you may need to view your Email Wordlets and update the notification emails manually.
- Selecting one (and only one) group that may use avatars will no longer cause an error on the registration form.
- Users may now review the registration agreement if registration is suspended.
- Recent Visitor data from the Accelerator was not being properly imported for forums with more than one digit.
- Moved the floodcheck when creating a new topic to ensure that accidentally forgetting the topic subject during the first submit will not cause a floodcheck error once the problem has been corrected by the user.
- Unusual configurations can no loger cause forums that are not visible to suddenly be searchable.
- The list of moderators in each forum could change on each submit of the Moderator Settings control panel. Moderators are now sorted by member number.
- Control panel member search was not finding users by birth date correctly.
- Control panel member search was not finding users that registered prior to Y2K, when a non-Y2K-compliant version of UBB was being used.
- Control panel member search was not properly detecting whether or not a user had current posts.
- Control panel member search Inactive Member Quick Searches were returning active members.
- Non-alphanumeric characters that were on their own lines in the Reserved Names lists are now properly seen and can be used to filter names.
- The registration date is now properly recorded when admins create a user profile through the control panel.
- Ensured both the login name and public display name of users added via the control panel are added to the reserved name list.
- Email addresses of users added via the control panel must now be unique if the administrator has chosen to require unique email addresses in the Registration Settings area.
- Users that are registered via the control panel will now be properly welcomed as the last member if the moderation queue is enabled (and the user is not put in the queue manually when registering).
- The default topic view is now properly set when editing a forum in the control panel.
- The breadcrumb links at the bottom of the control panel were not Wordlets.