Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Is there some way of making some of the forums of a private board (a board that requires registration and approval) public? Using UBB.classicâ„¢ 6.7.2, we have two forums we would like to open to public viewing (not posting), but currently the board is private and we want to keep the other 20 forums for approved members only.

Can this be done from control panel, or with a hack?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
You'll need to set permissions on each forum individually - go into forum details and set permissions for viewing/posting etc

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
I wish it were that easy. We approve registrations. It seems if you are not registered and approved, then you cannot access any forums.

I made the following forum open to "All Users (including unregistered)" - http://canadianactor.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=17

If you are not registered and approved, you cannot view. The system still asks you to log-in. I created a fake account and logged in, and still could not access the forum:

"Although you have registered, your registration has not yet been approved. To complete the registration process, go to:
http://www.canadianactor.com/store/subscription.php. "

(That URL is our payment URL.) If you are able to read the posts, do let me know!

P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
I guess maybe this cannot be done?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Some of the classic guys should be able to give better info on if it's actually possible to setup this type of access, I'm pretty sure it is. I do know it is possible in UBB.threads.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Do you have "Restrict Access to Registered Users?" checked under general display options?

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Yes. I believe that if we did not, we would have to manually grant every regestered user access to each forum, and we have 20+ forums. Might that be why we can't make some forums public?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 1,187 guests, and 201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29