Over the past several weeks, the popularity of WWWThreads has gone through the roof. Within one day of releasing a notice of version 3.5 on a couple software sites, the number of downloads were close to 1,000.

While this has exceeded my expectations, it has added a few problems. Along with the popularity comes more support questions and more wishes for certain features. In my quest to keep WWWThreads an Open Source project, these are just beginning to suffer as my full time job and family demand the majority of my time.

To compensate for this I have been looking at several options. Support contracts is a high possibility. The support forums would exist for users to help other users. Email support and a special support forum would be available to those that opt for a support contract. There are a few other options I have looked at as well, and these may be addressed in the future.

Another option that might be a possibiltiy depending on the continued growth in use of WWWThreads would be a commercial version. This is something I am really shying away from, but to keep the quality high for a massive number of users would require more time than I can devote to a non-profit project. Again, this all depends on if other things mentioned don't work out. This would involve a dedicated time of various rewrites and other things to make it worthwile to purchase a commercial version. Price would depend on the number of people interested on this, and the general feedback, but it would definitely be less than what other forum packages cost.

I am trying to explore all of my options, and although by posting them here I will probably get more than a few flames;), I figured the best way to get some public feedback would be to put my thoughts out to the public.

If you have any ideas, thoughts or comments on the above, feel free to send them to [email]http://www.screamingweb.com[/email]