I have been messing with my new wwwthreads install for about a week now, I and truly believe that we need to have more control over the graphics & layout. The main forum index page has a lot of layout that is hard coded (various td backgrounds, cellpadding, only two font sizes, only 1 font color, basic table layout, location of navigation). I think that most of these should be turned into variables and added into the w3themes.pm file.

For example, the descriptions of the forums. IMHO, they should be smaller than the title of the forum, however this is hardcoded. Another example, I would like to make the columns on the Forum Index page alternate colors (just subltly) however they are hard coded.

I'm contemplating jumping in and completely hacking my forum to get it to my liking, however, I would think that this is a relatively easy one to code...and for me, the more variables the better!

I just thought of another example when I went to preview my post - on the preview page, the text for both the post and the instructions (ie, file attachment) are the exact same color, size and font. There is nothing but a few

's between them. This makes it very difficult to distinguish your post to actually preview it.