Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
version 6.7.1

1) Is the ../Members/pm_sent directory used in 6.7.1? I'm assuming not, since no change has been made to this directory since 11/16/03 on my current install.

2) Is the ../Members/sticky directory no longer used as well? Same thing... no change since 11/15/03.... I seem to remember seeing that stickies are tracked in a .cgi file located in the ForumXX directory.... right?

3) Same question on ../Members/user_groups Only one file in that directory: groups.cgi which has not been modified since 11/15/03

Frankly, I don't know how the security groups are setup/created/modified.... Is this a directory/file generated on initial install which is never changed? or is this a leftover from a previous version whose code/function has been moved/integrated elsewhere?

Thanks,

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
1 - Keep the directory present, but you can safely remove any contents. The way sent PMs were handled has changed.

2 - That sounds like the sticky hack, so that's safe to remove.

3 - That directory and file are leftovers from a failed attempt to bolt on some group based things... they're still used internally for some functions, so don't touch them.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
P
journeyman
journeyman
P Offline
Thanks Charles...

BTW, I finally created that support ticket for the PM re-indexing code, and told the tech that that you said to have it assigned to you. (RE: an old PM cleanup thread I started a while back).

https://www.ubbcentral.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/5/4737.html#000000

The tech said that they'd shoot me the code on Monday. I'm going to try and enlist some assistance in either converting it into a PM cleanup utility, or creating a utility from scratch.

The manual way we discussed in the other thread worked, but was very... very time consuming.

I'd love to create a utility that would start off as a simple "wipe out PMs with last response prior to a date certain" and which cleans up all the indexing and stuff...

In addition, it'd be cool if it could look at all the existing PMs and id and/or delte those which no longer appear in the indexes.

If it can be made to work with these options, perhaps additional flexibility can be added to it at a later date.

I just upgraded to a GOLD license, so I have committed to maing UBB.classic for a while.

Thanks again,
Clay

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 740 guests, and 157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29