Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#165273 10/08/2006 2:19 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

Hi - I did a clean install of v7 and everything seems to be working great so far. I did have an issue w/ permissions on the Language files, but managed to fix that. Anyway...

I've been setting up some things on the clean install as my UBB.classic board keeps humming along. Before I go too crazy spending time on it, I have some questions...

1) Will the Styles settings and other settings I have been making to the clean install of v7 be overwritten when I import my UBB.classic board?

2) I recreated my Admin account on v7 -- when I import from Classic will it overwrite it, or should I delete it first?

2) Can I safely import my Classic board while it's still up and running, without it interfering with my active members? (I don't care about loss of data into v7, it's just a test) That is, will the importer interfere with the Classic files at all, and vice versa?

3) How does v7 and Classic compare on disk spaced used, assuming everything else is constant (# of members, posts, etc)

4) Does the importer ask what we want imported, or does it import everything it's designed to?

5) Will it take all afternoon to import 4522 members, 15 forums, 13,800 topics, 336,000 posts ?

6) How could the Yankees screw up like that?? confused Okay, this question is optional. laugh

I'm just testing things - I don't plan on switching over just yet. When I do, I'll reimport with Classic shut off.

Thanks!

JG

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Settings will be unaffected by your import (in fact, the style settings to your v7 are completley differant than your .c, nothing "style"wize will be imported.

The classic importer will create the users based off of your .c install.

If it's just a test, go ahead and import with your forum open, i did it while testing the importer during alpha/beta.

Importer imports everything.

It'll take a good chunk of time, i'd start it before bed wink... it'll give you a suprise when you wake up!

as for space used, i think .t would be double, as posts are stored twice in the database (one formatted, one raw)

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Also, what i'd do in your shoes is export your style that you're happy with, drop the sql database, run createtables.php from your install folder then run the importer; it'll import everythign from your .c and retain your .t settings (as the settings are stored in a flat file). Then you can import your style later...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
That's a good idea - thanks!

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 777 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29