Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#166590 10/20/2006 10:57 AM
I'm fielding lots of complaints about the registration screen. We really need to take a look at it and improve things here or we're all going to lose new members. There are just too many hoops we're making members jump through.

Biggest issue is, since we have limits on the name lengths then why do we have inputs without a maxlimit.

The Agree check off should be centered so its more noticable.

Also if special characters are not allowed then why don't we have some JavaScript prechecking this (AND the other restrictions instead of the submitting the page and presenting an error message and forcing the user to use the back button and maybe or maybe not his info is still there.) Some members will get annoyed right here and jump to google to find an easier to use community!

Also the signature should be a text area instead of an input.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by usrbingeek
Biggest issue is, since we have limits on the name lengths then why do we have inputs without a maxlimit.

Agreed.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Here's another registration suggestion:

I have been monitoring new registrations on my .Classic board (soon to be upgraded to Threads) using an IP locator site, ( http://www.domaintools.com/ ) and I am getting around 2 per day from spammers or hackers. The board is very localized to California hiking, and a new user from India or Russia or China is pretty obviously bogus.

It would sure be nice if there was a way to check the IP origin of a login, and throw the questionable ones into a Registration Approval Queue, while allowing new registrations from anyone else.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
There are a lot of online services (including one of my favorites, domaintools.com), I'd love to see this added

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 807 guests, and 148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29