Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#166939 10/23/2006 1:34 PM
R
Stranger
Stranger
R Offline
We performed the import from UBB 6.7.3 last week. Overall things worked well, but we did have a few problems:

1) One user had a very, very long password. The Importer threw and error and stopped. I went into UBB and deleted the user (because I couldn't change his password). Upon restarting the import process, I got boat loads of "table exists" errors. We had to delete tables, one by one, as each error was reported.

2) After we got past that, the Importer threw another error regarding "non-existant category ID" on a forum. Sure enough, I had a secret (invitation only) forum that didn't show on my main page. I had to go back to UBB and give it an ID. Upon restarting the import process, I again bot boat lods of "table exists" errors. We started to delete the tables again, but thought it faster to delete them all. Perhaps that wasn't the smoothest thing to do, because that required us to re-Install.

Suggestion: Provide a batch file to delete the tables the Importer creates. It would make restarting a whole lot easier.

After we got past all of these little hic-cups, when the Importer was converting the posts, it would run for a while and then give a "page not found" error. Using the [Back] button did allow the import to startup again and continue. What was all this about ?

The board seems to be working fine, with all members and posts. smile

So far, I'm a happy camper ... just thought you would want to know about these small issues.

Regards,
Rich
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The importer is designed to be run on an empty database; by "restarting" it you're starting the process from the beginning, which the data you're importing exists...

When you "restart" you need to purge the database and run createtables.php again to start with a fresh database.

It sounds like the "page not found" error is your browser timing out, this was common in beta testing with IE as its timeout value is much shorter than in FireFox.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #166946 10/23/2006 2:58 PM
R
Stranger
Stranger
R Offline
Ok, thanks.

Regards,
Rich

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Baldeagle, Ruben, ahmed047, 1 invisible), 835 guests, and 149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29