Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
I'm finally about to upgrade an old installation (6.3.1) to version 7. I uploaded the files in the 6.5.5 importer folder, and managed to run the altertables successfully to get to version 6.4.1. The next step seems to be a jump to 6.5, and I'm stuck. I constantly get the error message, "Please make sure you have moved main.inc.php, config.inc.php and theme.inc.php into your includes directory as one or more of the mentioned files are missing."

None of the files are missing. I've checked and rechecked that they are there. I've deleted them and uploaded them again. I've confirmed that permissions are correct. I looked at the files themselves to confirm they contain the correct information. I've even deleted my entire upgrade installation twice to start from scratch, and always get stuck at this step.

Is there something which can trigger the "Please make sure you have moved main.inc.php, config.inc.php and theme.inc.php into your includes directory as one or more of the mentioned files are missing" error, that doesn't involve any of the files actually being missing?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, have never seen that issue unless they were actually missing. It may be repeating the obvious, but make sure they are inside the includes directory and not in the main forum directory. Can you list out what files you see inside your includes folder?

M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Inside my includes folder are:

main.inc.php
config.inc.php
theme.inc.php
privacy.php
header.php
footer.php
coppainsert.php
closedforums.php
boardrules.php

...and a couple of others. The includes folder itself is on the same directory level as languages, images, templates, stylesheets, etc.

When I did my upgrades to get to these step, I was given "done" messages and assumed they proceeded correctly. However, when I go to the homepage of my site, I get this error message:

We cannot proceed.

Script: /home/mysite/public_html/ubbt.inc.php
Line#: 1608
SQL Error: Unknown column 'U_OC_Userid' in 'field list'
SQL Error #: 1054
Query: SELECT U_Username,U_Password,U_SessionId, U_StyleSheet, U_Status, U_Privates, U_FrontPage, U_Number, U_Banned,U_LastOn,U_OC_Userid FROM w3t_Users WHERE U_Number = ''

I don't know if that's any sort of clue, but thought I'd throw it in there. I've made sure to upload the version of ubbt.inc.php from the import file, as I read that someone else here had a problem stemming from that. I guess I'm confused by both the includes error message and the homepage error message... I don't understand why my board isn't just working and visible right now, even if I stopped the upgrade at version 6.4.1.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 1,277 guests, and 207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29