Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#169299 11/28/2006 7:58 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
W
journeyman
journeyman
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 60
OK, I have set up an external post island on my main page which is supposed to list the 7 most recent posts. But it does not appear to be updating...it is showing the original 7 posts from this morning when I created the php script in my control panel. I have it set in the control panel to always build and the cache time is set to 5 minutes.

How do I get it to update on my main web page? What am I missing...?

As always, thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions!
winter

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
S
sb Offline
member
member
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 193
Another question along these lines.... our BBS is located in a password protected member's only area. We cannot get the calendar and events to appear on our main page (which is not pw protected). Any way around this?

sb #169372 11/30/2006 12:51 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
off the top of my head, on yours sb, setup a page in your password protected area, then have a phpinclude include the file utilizing a user/password to access the member area:
Code
<?php include("http://user:[email protected]/protected/file.php"); ?>

By using a php include the password shouldn't be shown to the user, unless there is a password issue (like it being wrong). This is ofcoarse assuming you're using .htpasswd for your protected area.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 109 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)