Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#170097 12/11/2006 2:40 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 53
M
MMG
Offline
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 53
I started using v7 and didn't realize that my existing server only had MySQL 3.2 so I am going to be upgrading very soon. Should I expect any difficulty with the way that MySQL4 or 5 will handle my older database file?

Thanks for any help.

MMG #170099 12/11/2006 3:34 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,097
Likes: 1
The password hash is the only thing that comes to mind for me.

The newer versions store it differently.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

ntdoc #170102 12/11/2006 4:55 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Agreed, the only large difficulty is the change in password hashing as of 4.1 (which effect logging in); other than that its mainly fixes/additions.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #170104 12/11/2006 5:09 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 53
M
MMG
Offline
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 53
Awesome. Thank you both for the help.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (SteveS, vscope), 455 guests, and 117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)