Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
old hand
old hand
HELP!! Ok, I successfully imported all my user data over from 6.5 to V7 and everything "seems" fine. BUT! I then integrated the Phoropost Classifieds 2.6Beta into Threads 7 and that "seemed" to work ok, that is until I started looking closely at the ads. I said, "wait a minute, Racing Girl isn't the one selling this Jag!" Well, somehow in the import, the original user numbers did not get retained so that now, all the people selling items are wrong. I guess the pp-Classifieds bases who is selling what on the user number and if they are not as they were in the old config then they are wrong.

So - is there a way to do the import such that all the member numbers are correct AFTER the upgrade and import? I think (think) that what may be going on is that I have some deleted members in my current install (6.5) so that my member numbers look like:

# Name
2 Member A
3 Member B
7 Member C (note member numbers 4-6 had been deleted)
8 Member D
9 Member E
10 Member F
11 Member G
12 Member H

But after importing to Threads 7 it is like:
# Name
2 Member A
3 Member B
4 Member C
5 Member D
6 Member E
7 Member F
8 Member G
9 Member H
10 Member I

So, lets say that member "C" (Member #7) was selling a car in my old install, now, Member #7 is Member "F", so in the new install in my PP Classifieds, it looks like Member "F" is selling something.

Any suggestions? I'll probably have this same issue when I upgrade and integrate my Photopost gallery as well.

Basil

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
While the importer could be changed, for threads at least, to keep the same member #s, I thought I had read somewhere that there was something that could be run on the photopost side of things to update it. One of the other photopost users might be able to chime in.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Rick
I thought I had read somewhere that there was something that could be run on the photopost side of things to update it.
I heard the same thing.

In my opinion, updating the current product to cater to a 3rd party plugin shouldn't be an option, not that it's being rude, but that the software was designed to work how it currently does...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
old hand
old hand
I'm not suggesting anyone re-write the importer. I'm just hoping someone here has run into the same issue and knows the best approach to fix it. Seems like it should be simple enough since I still have the "old" threads database and should be able to write a script that can look up what the "real" user names are, then update the Photopost database to reflect the correct usr name and number based on the Threads 7 install. Any ads posted after the fact should reflect correctly, its just the current stuff that is a problem. I'll ask over on the Photopost BBS too.

Basil

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
There is a photopost thread around here somewhere that talks about updating (rather fixing) id's, I'm headed out the door (again, yey me! lol) but i'll dig later on

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well I hate to be a noobie spoil sport but I don't think UBB should have changed the USERID in the first place.

I'm not sure what the overall affect would be now, but if you've not opened your board back up yet and you have a list of all the old users then you should be able to reset the numbers, but that would require someone like Rick who knows all the affected fields so they all get reset correctly to their old posts as well and PM , etc..

It would take some direct SQL statements to do it, but I'm sure it could be done.

We lost all Moderators and Admins and were able to recreate them and get back their posts so it's possible.

old hand
old hand
I'm thinking more along the lines of just updating the pp-classified user IDs and User Names to refplect current install. I "think" there are many less fields and tables involved. In other words, write a simple script that looks at the userids in photopost, then looks for that Id in threads 6.5 database (thankfully I still have it), then see who the "real" user is and then look up that user in teh NEW threads and get their "Current" userid, then update the pp-classifieds to reflect both the correct user AND their new userid under T7. But if I can find someone who has already done this it may save me a lot of grief.

Basil

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
I caught this 'undocumented' feature (re: changing of user id's) during a test upgrade on my site.

The fix I ended up doing was to comment out the importer code that deletes the user_id mapping table. This table has pre-update and post-update user_id's mapped out and made updating my Photopost db pretty simple via an UPDATE statement grabbing the new user_id via a subselect.

You should be able to re-create the mapping table by comparing login names from your old db and your new one.

old hand
old hand
That's probably what I'll end up doing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ruben, Nightcrawler), 877 guests, and 176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29