Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
I want to send an email to all members of my forum, irrespective of whether they have selected the option to not receive emails from the administrator/forums.

Also it appears on most of these members NO OPTION has been selected, ie neither YES nor NO has been selected. The boxes are blank.

I have to "become the member" to work this out, or change it.

Is there a mass way to change all users settings to accept emails from administrators?

Also can this item be forced to being YES?

We send only an email or two per year from admin and it is usually regarding important changes only. It is also a condition of membership of our forums that members must be able to receive emails from admin when required.

Thanks for any help.

N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
OK found the setting that "shows and requires" administrator emails.

But how can I get or export a listing of ALL registered emails?

v6.5 doesn't seem to have that ability at all?

Thanks for any help.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If you want to export the email list in 6.5, just go to the Member Management section and leave the search settings blank to bring up all users. Down at the bottom you'll see the options to Email all members in search. The next page will give you the option of emailing directly from the board or just brining up the list of email addresses in the browser.

C
C Offline
I believe the Show and Require setting is for initial registration as to whether they want to receive emails from the admins. Are you looking for an SQL query to change this setting for all users to "yes" ?

If so then

UPDATE w3t_Users SET U_AdminEmails = 'On' WHERE U_Number > 1

will work

Emerald Forest Gaming Community
C
C Offline
doh- has that post for common SQL queries always been pinned in this section? I would swear it wasnt here earlier

Emerald Forest Gaming Community
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I can vouch that it's been there since the threads import several months ago wink

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Not sure how valid it is with 7.0 though lol; it was wrote for 6.5.x and below...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
N
stranger
stranger
N Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
If you want to export the email list in 6.5, just go to the Member Management section and leave the search settings blank to bring up all users. Down at the bottom you'll see the options to Email all members in search. The next page will give you the option of emailing directly from the board or just brining up the list of email addresses in the browser.

Rick

When I do that UBBThreads shows some 70 pages of members, but when it generates the email listing it only generates less than 300 emails out of 1700 registered email addresses.

I have found some of the discrepancies are due to the "emails from administrator" being blank, neither YES nor NO selected.

Maybe this has been a long term problem for my setup as the email from the forums has never worked for all members properly.

Chaos,

Thanks for the SQL command to re-set all members settings.

Last edited by Nitro; 12/22/2006 4:06 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29