Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Hello everyone,

2 weeks ago I enable the “registration queue” so that all new registrations must first be approved by an administrator. I enabled this feature to stop a flood of spam registrations, and it’s working great.

Last night I opened the queue, selected about 6 “bogus” spam registrations to delete, and clicked the “update queue” button. I got a blank page and had to refresh the screen to get back into control panel.

Now, those six members are stuck in the queue and I can’t remove them. Not only that, but now only the member numbers remain (user name with the link to the profile is gone), so I can’t even select each one individually.

In addition to this, I can no longer delete / decline new registrations. When I select “decline” and check “delete declined users” and update the queue, it does nothing and the members stay stuck in the queue. I am able to delete these members individually, however.

I hope someone can help, because at 20 to 30 bogus registrations a day, it takes far too much time to delete every bogus registration one by one!

Thanks in advance,
Paul E

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hi Paul,

Can you please give the exact version of UBB, PHP, and MySQL that you're running.

P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Sure,

My UBB is Classic version 6.7.3.

According to the stats on my webserver, the MYSQL version is 4.0.25-standard and the PHP version is 4.3.11.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
To rule out any odd behavior have you logged out of your site and if needed "manually" deleted your local cookie for the site?

Then log back in and verify the same issue exists.

I'm not sure if your version has a clear cache button in the Control Panel or not. If not then you might have to get support from one of the more experienced guys here and do some manual repairs.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It's an odd UBB.C error, likely one of the writes to the flatfile was currupted on creation/editing if it will no longer allow you to use the system. I'll take a gander in my old UBB.C files later on and see what I can find.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I talked to my personal Jesus (CharlesCapps, ex lead UBB.C developer) and he said that likely something got b0rked somewhere and that a rebuild of the member stats files should fix it (I don't have a working UBB.C install anymore, but there should be a rebuild section at the bottom of the control pannel menu; go ahead and run through the various utilities)

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
If that doesn't fix it, you can pm me access details and I'll fix it for you smile

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Hi everyone,

I never did get back to you all to let you know what happened. It's really strange! One day I logged in and those "stuck" users were gone. It also started letting me manage new registrations in the queue in mass, exactly as it should.

It literally fixed itself, almost like it purged the whole queue. I had to manually go back and adjust some of the legitimate registrations when this happened as everyone present in queue at that time ended up being approved, but with no posting rights.

But so far it’s been working well over the last couple of months.

Never seen anything like it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Mors), 833 guests, and 197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29