|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6 |
Hi  I'm still using UBB Classic version 6.7.2 I have a non expiring license. Is it is worth my while to buy access to upgrades or are there any upgrades for UBBClassic?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
UBB.Classic is no longer being developed; all develoment work has shifted to UBB.Threads7 which is in essance the new downloadable product (UBB.Threads7 isn't really an upgrade of either classic or ubb.threads6 since it's been completely recoded).
Myself, I would highly recommend migration into UBB.Threads, it's much faster than classic ever could be.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1 |
I switched to Threads 7 after over 5 years with Classic, and really love the added features.  If the extra features are attractive to you, then go for it!
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6 |
Boy you guys are fast  Thanks We're would I find a list of the added feature? We had alot of hacks added to the Classic that I really like, would they be moved over to the threads?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659 Likes: 1 |
Hi Barbie - Your hacks would probably need to be converted/redone for Threads 7, but perhaps some of them are already included as standard features... You can see most of the features of T7 right here on this board, and a listing here, but keep in mind more has been added. You can also look in this forum -- start with "Version 7.0 - October 5, 2006" and work your way up thru all the changes... you'll see a lot of work has gone into it. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
Your hacks for classic will not work in threads; there is a very good reason for this... classic is perl/flat file, threads is php/mysql.
A lot of the old "hacks" are actual features in .T7; such as the calendar, sticky topics, quick reply, se friendly urls, etc (some of these where added as stock in later versions of UBB.C, but I include them here as well).
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
stranger
|
|
stranger
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6 |
Thanks guys, I'll take a look and see what is available. If I need features added can I ask here for help?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
here or at ubbdev; always open to help 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
We work around the clock to help 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798 Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798 Likes: 2 |
|
|
|
|
1 members (Havenofsobriety),
176
guests, and
163
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|