Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#177951 02/07/2007 7:37 PM
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
Hi smile I'm still using UBB Classic version 6.7.2
I have a non expiring license.
Is it is worth my while to buy access to upgrades
or are there any upgrades for UBBClassic?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.Classic is no longer being developed; all develoment work has shifted to UBB.Threads7 which is in essance the new downloadable product (UBB.Threads7 isn't really an upgrade of either classic or ubb.threads6 since it's been completely recoded).

Myself, I would highly recommend migration into UBB.Threads, it's much faster than classic ever could be.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

I switched to Threads 7 after over 5 years with Classic, and really love the added features. cool If the extra features are attractive to you, then go for it!



GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
Boy you guys are fast smile Thanks

We're would I find a list of the added feature?

We had alot of hacks added to the Classic that I really like,
would they be moved over to the threads?

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

Hi Barbie -

Your hacks would probably need to be converted/redone for Threads 7, but perhaps some of them are already included as standard features...

You can see most of the features of T7 right here on this board, and a listing here, but keep in mind more has been added. You can also look in this forum -- start with "Version 7.0 - October 5, 2006" and work your way up thru all the changes... you'll see a lot of work has gone into it. cool


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Your hacks for classic will not work in threads; there is a very good reason for this... classic is perl/flat file, threads is php/mysql.

A lot of the old "hacks" are actual features in .T7; such as the calendar, sticky topics, quick reply, se friendly urls, etc (some of these where added as stock in later versions of UBB.C, but I include them here as well).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 6
Thanks guys, I'll take a look and see what is available.
If I need features added can I ask here for help?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
here or at ubbdev; always open to help wink


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
We work around the clock to help wink

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
and spam...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
obviously


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)