Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
D Offline
I deleted a couple of hundred inactive members - and when that was done everyone else on the board including me now shows as unregistered. I rebuilt the member metadata but that made no difference.

Does anyone have any idea of what is going on?
I am using 6.72

UBB user since 1998
D
D Offline
This is strange - I have tried this on 3 different computers and all do the same thing. When I go to my forums it shows there is just one member - who just signed up a few minues ago. All the posts are shows as being by unregistered members. If I log in however, it them shows the correct membership and posts are once again by members - not "unregistered". In control panel however, a search shows I just have the one member.

Last edited by doug; 02/16/2007 6:11 PM. Reason: spelling

UBB user since 1998
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If you built a list with the member management system, it just threw all members in there; if you chose "delete all" theres the root of the issue, because all members where selected (due to a bug)

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
D
D Offline
Members appear to be back when I do a control panel search although the newest one that signed up just a few minutes ago was assigned the #2.

I am hoping that my impending upgrade to 7.1 will put my troubles behind me. Just a few more days to go I guess...

UBB user since 1998
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Don't! DO NOT! do an upgrade until your current membership problems are Fixed. Talk about compounding your problems! You're going to take a broken board and force it into a newer, more complex system where fixing it is even harder and takes longer.

Make sure it's fixed before you make the move.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
D
D Offline
It seems to be working now. It wouldn't really be an upgrade - it would be an import of data from 6.72 so if by chance my problem has not fixed itself 6.72 should not really be affected, should it?

Since the board now seems to be working I plan on setting up 7.02, importing data from 6.72, and then upgrading to 7.1 when it is available and when I make sure 7.02 is working correctly. Does that sound like a plan?

UBB user since 1998
Its a plan, but 7.1 Final is any day, you may as well wait,
as 7.02 --> 7.1 Final has style sheet changes, and database changes, so your going to be going alot of work twice over.

Wait for 7.1 Final
Use that a Test Forum for your import from classic.
Get your style sheet sorted, and have a good look around
at the new settings and the way things work.

Then when you happier,
Do a New import from your classic forums into your NEW live V7 Forums.

Then you will be wiser, and happier, you had your own time to play.

My Thoughts.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
D
D Offline
Thanks, I will take your advice smile

UBB user since 1998
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Open your memberslist.cgi and emaillist.cgi files inside your /Members folder and see what the content is.

There should also be a 'lastmember'or 'lastnumber' file in there(or something similar, I don't have my computer available to check) - you have to check the content of that file and fix the number, or every registration on classic from this point forward will overwrite another member's profile. I'll bet if you look for the new member #2's posts it will show them as having posted content from when you began the site.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 715 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29