Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#180260 03/08/2007 11:33 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
I'd like to add a direct link to our integrated chat on the line at the top of the foroums that includes: Control Panel, Forum List, My Stuff, etc. Can someone tell me step-by-step how to do that?

Thanks!

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
You'll want to edit the templates/default/header.tpl file. You'll see the section in there that shows the links in the navigation bar that you can add to.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You can also find direction on what to change and how it should look from several of the chat modifications at ubbdev (seriously, theres like 4 differant services now... IRC, RaiderSoft, FlashChat, and I think another)

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
You can also find direction on what to change and how it should look from several of the chat modifications at ubbdev (seriously, theres like 4 differant services now... IRC, RaiderSoft, FlashChat, and I think another)

I too am looking for a little cheap IRC integration, but I can't really see what you are referring to here. Can you be more specific as to what I should look at over at ubbdev?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
UBBDev is the modification community that's behind the UBB; most of the beta testers have been active developers at UBBDev. At UBBDev we develop new features and customizations for the UBB; heck, even Rick and Charles Capps have posted over there (CC being the ex UBB.C lead programmer).

Also, it's prudent for me to specify, IRC is free, thats the whole idealism behind it is that it's a well established protocol with millions of free servers; you shouldn't ever pay for anything to use IRC.

As the the pJIRC addon at UBBDev, it's a free java irc client which integrates into your UBB.Threads7 installation; i was merely suggesting that you look at it on how to edit the title bar to show the chat link; but it is a rather well-used addition to the UBB.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Thanks! smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 748 guests, and 208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29