Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#183560 05/01/2007 4:52 AM
addict
addict
Ok, the database import has worked ok, with some problems. We're having a lot of problems with avatars and inline images, but the worst thing of all, is that the File Manager link is not displaying when posting a topic/reply.

Any ideas?

Thanks

addict
addict
Never mind, I found it. smile I had forgotten to enable file attachments per forum. smile

But all our inline photos have come across as attachment links. frown Is there anyway to fix this?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by rmjorg
Never mind, I found it. smile I had forgotten to enable file attachments per forum. smile
Was about to sugguest this...

Originally Posted by rmjorg
But all our inline photos have come across as attachment links. frown Is there anyway to fix this?
theres an option how how large the images can be prior to not being displayed in-line

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
CP -> Display Options -> General -> Primary Tab -> -> Topic Display Options -> "Max Size for inline uploaded images "

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
addict
addict
Yeah, got that ... but they still show as links.

The inline images for the old forum were inline due to a mod, but it's core code in the new forum. Would that be the problem?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
So it's old images that aren't displaying? Or new ones being attached?

addict
addict
Old ones that were inline photos with imported posts. New ones are working fine.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Ahhh, the mod may store things differantly perhaps? Could you quote one of the entries using the [code] brackets so i could see how the old formatting was?

addict
addict
I hope this is what you mean, Gizmo. This is the source code from one of the pictures that WAS an inline photo in the old forum, and is now an attachment link.

Code
<br /><br /><br /><b>Attachments</b><br /><a href="/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=1862">172064-B7Wweddingphoto017(Large).jpg</a>  (19 downloads)<br /><br /> 

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
No, that looks like what's parsed to the browser; I want what's in the database...

For example, I click "Quick Quote" here and get your post how you entered it, then I replace the quote tags with the [ code ] tags and it leaves the post unparsed.

Ex:
Code
I hope this is what you mean, Gizmo. This is the source code from one of the pictures that WAS an inline photo in the old forum, and is now an attachment link.

<br /><br /><br /><b>Attachments</b><br /><a href="/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=1862">172064-B7Wweddingphoto017(Large).jpg</a>  (19 downloads)<br /><br />

addict
addict
Ok, it took me ages to prepare to answer your question, blush ... but I think this will help. This is a screencap of the Files table in the database.

Files 1902 and above were posted after the import, and they appear inline.

Below 1902 are files that were posted before the import. These did appear inline in the old forum, but now they appear as attachments.

[Linked Image from matesupover.com]

I really hope this answers your question. After looking at the database (a place I usually avoid at all costs), it seems to me that this is probably not fixable, and even if it is, it would be VERY difficult. I'm not sure that I want this that bad.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Let me rephraise again...

Ok, go to a post that doesn't work, edit the post, paste me exactly what was posted, using the [code] tags...

I want to examine how the old posts look as to see if theres any reason why it wouldn't allow it to be incuded inine, so I need to be able to see exactly what the user inserted into the database.

addict
addict
oh gee .. I meant to add that bit in my last post.

I did that, but there is nothing but the actual text entered. I can do that if you want, but all it shows is text - no code. Here's one .. smile

Code
 This is one of our photos which ran in the Courier Mail Sept '93, we had professional photos taken but I always liked this B &amp; W one.  We were married in Brisbane, same church as my parents and sister were also married in..
so come on, share your pics....

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Humm, odd, not sure hwo the prior hack attached images then lol... It's not incuded in the post (like I figured it might be, it was a hack afterall)...

Hmmm :taps foot:

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It's the file type being blank. Inline images will only be displayed if the file type is known to be a valid image type. You could fix this with a couple of queries like this:

update ubbt_FILES set FILE_TYPE='jpg' where FILE_NAME like '%.jpg'

update ubbt_FILES set FILE_TYPE='gif' where FILE_NAME like '%.gif'

update ubbt_FILES set FILE_TYPE='png' where FILE_NAME like '%.png'

addict
addict
Rick, you totally rock!! That worked beautifully! Thanks! And our photo-crazy users say thanks too. smile

Thanks to Gizmo too, for your patience. smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
'eh it was only two pages wink

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (ahmed047), 441 guests, and 145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29