Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#185594 06/03/2007 5:42 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 20
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 20
Is there a way to disable the confirmation email that gets sent to users when they register?

I'm supporting a client with a forum and they are manually registering participants, but do not want the email sent that includes login credentials until everyone has been entered.

Thanks,
P

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
addict
addict
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 579
Hi Peter.

Control Panel > Registration Settings > deselect Enable Email Verification. smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
it'll still send a welcome email to the user. I don't believe there is a way to disable that...

In Classic we had the ability to add users via the CP, which didn't send any email to them; I'm hoping this will be added back in a future built.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
What a bout if you put a goofey e-mail address as your forum e-mail when you created it?

Not exactly the best way?
But might work?


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
The only way (I think) would be to disable the section of code that sends the email.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 166 guests, and 137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)