Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#186475 06/12/2007 8:27 PM
Long time, no post. LIFE!

Gizzy knows a little bit about this problem.

Long story--short summary. I changed over to threads at the end of last year, and then, because my former host company couldn't/wouldn't provide me with decent service, I switched to a new host.

I then experienced problems with the third party company I was using to for e-mail for my moderator group, everyone.net

I could not remember my account information, and they would only send it to the e-mail address on record--which happened to be an OLD e-mail address that I no longer had access to.

I tried to explain this to them via e-mail and phone conversations. They kept telling me that I could not verify that I was the owner of the account, therefore, they could not help me

So I told them that I no longer would be using their service and switched to a different company.

Wouldn't you know it--at the end of May, they charged me for another year of service!

I called them today and demanded that my money be refunded. The woman I spoke with made me jump through a few hoops, but in the end, while I was on the phone with her, she sent me an e-mail and told me to reply to it--that by doing so, my account would be canceled AND my money refunded.

---

Just a little bit ago, I received an e-mail from them--which stated: "Unfortunately, we are unable to verify account ownership with the information you have provided and cannot process your request."

You could say I went a tad-bit ballistic!

Un-freakin-real!

I gave them my name.

I gave them the number they charged.

While I was talking with a representative of theirs on the phone, they sent me an e-mail to which I responded to.

What more do they need?

---

This is the EXACT reason I *fired* their service several months ago. When I needed them to help me to access my account which I paid for, they made me jump through hoops and then still could not help me out.

---

With their message to me, I fired back a very irate e-mail--promising them to take action (I've already filed a complaint with the California Better Business Bureau).

They replied back to this e-mail with "Threats are a violations of our terms of service (http://www.everyone.net/agreement_enduser.html"

---

Un-freakin-real!

I don't know if anyone here uses everyone.net, but I would strongly recommend staying far, far, far away from them!

~Sue
adwoff.com

ADWOFF #186485 06/12/2007 9:04 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
We use them at ubbdev, tho I believe we'll be moving it to another service soon smile

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
ADWOFF #186487 06/12/2007 9:09 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Sorry to hear that Sue. I've used a few and have now been with http://www.midphase.com for years and have had very good service and speed with them.

Positive if there is one ;

you found away to get out of the contract. "Threats"

So you got your money back in the end?

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #186490 06/12/2007 10:35 PM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Sue, google's gmail has a gmail for domains service which i highly recommend as a replacement to everyone.net

As for their charging you; call your creditcard company and they'll straighten it out for you.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #186497 06/13/2007 12:40 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm not a fan-boy of Google stuff. Good old Google has been hit in the past with various tools, methods that allowed people to get to personal data that they should not have been able to. At least on my Domain it's attack surface and presence is quite minimal and is a LOT less likely to have some generic user stealing data.
Google is just too darn good at storing, sorting, data - just not as good at keeping it under wraps from non-authorized people all the time.

Not sure what your needs are Sue for mail and if it has to do with public access BBS then probably not that much of a privacy concern anyways.

ntdoc #186503 06/13/2007 4:07 AM
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, she'd want something to replace everyone.net, for cheap or free; hence the recommendation wink...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 639 guests, and 217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29