Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
journeyman
journeyman
Hello All (and Rick)

7.1 looks great and can't wait to install it on our network

I used to be able to display Content Islands on the right homepage of each site within New Zealand's Information Network like you see on the sample sites listed below.

New Zealand's Information Network
Golden View Motel
Airport Garden Inn Hotel & Conference Centre

All I did is add this code
Code
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/discussions.css" type="text/css" />
<table align="right">
<tr>
<td><script src="http://www.newzealandnz.co.nz/discussions/ContentIslands/1_html.js" language="Javascript1.3" type="text/javascript"></script>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

The pages I am using for the Websites is HTML and I cannot see how to use the new code given rss1.xml code to achieve the same result. If you look through the sample sites provided you will see I have made full use of the wrappers that you can display around each individual message board, the way we run our Network is as a group. Every Website within our Network has its own Message Board which points back to the main Message Board of New Zealand's Information Network.

It works really well, however, being able to have a content island on the top right hand side is a great way for each individual Website owner to get their Message Board seen and used. Any help much appreciated.

If you are clever enough to give me a hand in pulling the rss1.xml content from the file to display in a box I would be most grateful if you could post it here.

Feed URL: http://www.newzealandnz.co.nz/discussions2/cache/rss1.xml

Maybe

To use the HTML format as a Server Side Include:
Code
<table align="right">
<tr>
<td><!--#include virtual="/usr/wwwroot/ddehek/newzealandnz/discussions2/cache/rss1.xml" -->
</td>
</tr>
</table>
or

To use the HTML format as a PHP Include:
Code
<table align="right">
<tr>
<td>
<?
readfile("/usr/wwwroot/ddehek/newzealandnz/discussions2/cache/rss1.xml");
?>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

???

Please help ;-)

Best Regards

Danny de Hek - Below is our Office Cam Image

[Linked Image from newzealandnz.co.nz]
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Javascript islands aren't in threads7; they where in classic, a seperate forum solution which is EOL.

The islands themselves can be inserted into other pages by selecting the "External Use" link next to the item in the control panel; it will give you the code you need to insert into a php page.

I have a small "how to" on grabbing all the items you need at ubbdev in the templates section which lives in the addons section.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
journeyman
journeyman
So I can pull the PHP plugin when displaying a html page like you see I have done at http://www.arrowtown-nz.co.nz/

Also I have 80 websites I use like the one above, so I can use the External Use option for each message board with my forum?

Best Regards

journeyman
journeyman
I have a look and could not find the posting, I love this message board and have been using it for YEARS

I would love to be able to just get the right php code so i could display the last 5 topics posted in each message board for each site I look after.

Happy to paid if i can get what I already have so I can move on and install 7.2

Best Regards

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, with the external use you can't use it cross site; your best bet there is to make a php page on the site with the forum, and have your other sites use a php include() to grab that file.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
adding cross site capability for site x's content island y, would be possible, with a mod.

i've done this for my blog (bleeding edge, just for kicks one), to pull in content from various ubbt sites (all diff domains).

if you ask over at ubbdev, it might work out for you. i think i used SOAP, but would have to re-visit. might have been xml-rpc instead, which is even simpler.. bleh, can't remember

you may want to think about json-rpc as a simpler mechanism too. that gives you a 2-way (if you could dream up a why you'd need it) wink

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 868 guests, and 221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29