Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
I'm tearing my hair out here... what have I done wrong?

Here's the error:

Script: /home/cheryl/public_html/forums/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php
Line#: 2232
SQL Error: Unknown column 't1.USER_RULES_ACCEPTED' in 'field list'
SQL Error #: 1054
Query: select t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_TOPIC_VIEW_TYPE,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT,t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME,t1.USER_PASSWORD,t1.USER_SESSION_ID, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t2.USER_TOTAL_PM, t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_IS_BANNED,t1.USER_IS_UNDERAGE, t2.USER_STYLE,t2.USER_HIDE_LEFT_COLUMN,t2.USER_HIDE_RIGHT_COLUMN,t2.USER_LANGUAGE,t2.USER_MOOD,t2.USER_RELATIVE_TIME,t1.USER_RULES_ACCEPTED from ubbt_USERS AS t1, ubbt_USER_PROFILE as t2 where t1.USER_ID = '6479' and t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hi Cheryl,

It looks like the the last part of the script that alters some tables may not have run.

Not sure, but can you try running the updater again?

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Thank you for the suggestion, I tried to run the upgrade script again and a page comes up that says "This upgrade has been completed. Please remove the entire install directory"

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I've pinged support for you, but if they don't come online I think you can try re-uploading all the files and trying again. Not sure where it's stored to show it's been done already to undo it.

I know you must be frustrated but hang in there I'm sure someone with more experience in this area will be online soon to assist.

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Just in case something got kerfrumpled during the first file transfers I tried uploading all files again into a new folder and then copied my existing cache_builders/custom, includes and styles directories into the new folder.

The upgrade script still won't run. It returns the message that the software has already been upgraded... I opened a support ticket a couple of hours ago and am hoping to get a response soon...

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Okay, I uploaded all of my backed up 7.1 files into a new folder to at least try to get the forum back online and all I'm getting from that is a blank white page...

I really hope that tech support responds soon...

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well you can't put them into a new folder you need to upload into the same folder I think per the documentation IIRC

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Ok, , thanks for the info. I guess I should have asked before I tried it

I thought that if I edited the path and urls in config.inc.php the forum would work in a different folder.

This is soooo frustrating...

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hi Cheryl,

I got your support ticket, but will need more info so I can take a look. I made a reply to let you know what info we'll need.

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Rick fixed it for me smile

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
That's great to hear Cheryl. grin

Rick what was the root cause of the failure if you can say, or how did you fix it?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Likely he ran the 7.2 queries manually...

I'd liek to see a .sql file added for each update query so we can run them (easily) manually should something bad happen lol

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Basically, there is a problem in some instances where you're upgrading from 7.1 or prior where it jumps past the 7.2 sql upgrade. It works fine when upgrading from 7.1.1.

All I had to do is update the SCRIPT_VERSION field to 7.1.1 in the ubbt_VERSIONS table and then run the upgrade script again.

I do know what's causing this skip now and working on fixing the upgrade script.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Glad you found the problem wink... It's weird cas I retested this on 7.1 forums during beta... I specifically upgraded several 7.0 and 7.1 boards and it seemed fixed :/

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
S
SG5 Offline
stranger
stranger
S Offline
I have a similar error, but with a different sql error:

We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

Script: /home/winnie/public_html/pqForums/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php
Line#: 619
SQL Error: Unknown column 'ONLINE_REFERER' in 'field list'
Query: REPLACE INTO ubbt_ONLINE (ONLINE_DISPLAY_NAME,USER_ID,ONLINE_LAST_ACTIVITY,ONLINE_SCRIPT_NAME,ONLINE_BROWSING_FORUM,ONLINE_USER_TYPE,ONLINE_USER_IP,ONLINE_REFERER,ONLINE_AGENT,ONLINE_POST_ID,ONLINE_POST_SUBJECT) VALUES ( 'SG' , '4' , '1185636712' , 'cfrm' , '' , 'r' , '74.137.233.172' , 'http://www.planet-q.com/pqForums/install/upgrade.php' , 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070716 SeaMonkey/1.1.3' , '0' , '' )

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

An urgent fix would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I fixed this by creating an ONLINE_REFERER table, but I copied values from another table, and do not know the full values.

Last edited by SG5; 07/28/2007 11:48 AM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Sounds like the 7.2 altertable wasn't run, as i believe this was added in 7.2.

V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
I'm having the same problem with, again, a different error message.

Script: /var/www/ubbthreads/scripts/cfrm.inc.php
Line#: 256
SQL Error: Unknown column 'FORUM_IS_TEASER' in 'field list'
Query: SELECT FORUM_TITLE,FORUM_DESCRIPTION,FORUM_ID,FORUM_POSTS,FORUM_LAST_POST_TIME,FORUM_IS_MODERATED,FORUM_TOPICS,FORUM_SORT_ORDER,FORUM_LAST_POSTER_ID,FORUM_LAST_TOPIC_ID,FORUM_LAST_POST_ID,FORUM_LAST_POSTER_NAME,FORUM_LAST_POST_SUBJECT,FORUM_LAST_POST_ICON,FORUM_IMAGE,CATEGORY_ID,FORUM_PARENT,FORUM_IS_TEASER,FORUM_IS_GALLERY,FORUM_IS_RSS FROM ubbt_FORUMS WHERE FORUM_IS_ACTIVE = '1' ORDER BY CATEGORY_ID,FORUM_SORT_ORDER

I suffered the same install problem described here, which seems to skip all the update steps but states, quite clearly, that the upgrade is done.

Is there a user serviceable method to correcting this?

Last edited by vfrdirk; 08/12/2007 4:43 PM.
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
What you can do is run the following SQL command on the database and then run through the upgrade script again:

update ubbt_VERSION set SCRIPT_VERSION='7.1.1'

V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
Similar problem after clearing the version number and re-running the install.

On the page that should be "doing all the stuff" it immediately returns this message:

Updating database to version:
If at any time this step times out you may just refresh this screen and it will continue.

Finished updating to version . Continue to next step

It seems like it's missing the version number, and no steps are listed. I tried to follow all the version notes at the beginning of the install, but could this still be a permissions problem?

Last edited by vfrdirk; 08/12/2007 11:47 PM.
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm. Can you go ahead and open up a support ticket with admin info to your board along with FTP information? For some reason it can't detect the version it should be upgrading to.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 879 guests, and 150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29