Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
JPB
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Hi everyone. I have a few questions on a new install of UBB 7.2 that I just did on a UNIX server and am hoping to get some help. I've searched the boards here for the answers and have tried many of the posted suggestions, but am still hung up on 2 issues I cant resolve. Any assistance that you might provide is appreciated!

1) I want to include the same header and footer on my board that's used throughout my website. In the UBB Control Panel under General I click on HTML Includes and in the Default Header field I put the path to my header file, which is similar to "www.myweb.com/includes/header.htm". In the Default Footer field I put "www.myweb.com/includes/footer.htm". When I save the settings and reload my board, the only thing that happens is the paths to the Header and Footer are shown on the top and bottom of the page, but not the actual files? Do I need to add the html tags in here to get it to work, and if so, what are the proper tags to call up the files? (I've tried many options with no luck)

2) I'd like people to be able to send attachments, but can't get UBB to recognize my file directory? In Feature Settings under Attachments, in the Attachment Storage Directory I have "/forums/attachments/" and in the Full URL to Storage Directory I have "http://www.myweb.com/forums/attachments/". I have CHMOD the directory to 777 with FTP, but when I test the directory I get a message saying the directory does not exist? I know it does and am able to pull it up using a web browser.. Any thoughts on what else I can try?

I'm pretty new at html and installing things so if you can give step by step solutions it will help me alot. Think back to when you first started out, thats pretty close to where I am now. I'm very motivated to learn though.

Thank you!!

veteran
veteran
1) Put this in your Default Header:
Code
<?php
include("/home/full_path/header.htm");
?>
Repeat for footer with footer.htm and make sure you use the full path and not the URL.

2) Attachment Storage Directory has to be the full path with no trailing slash.
Code
/home/full_path/forums/attachments

Full URL to Storage Directory again should have no trailing slash.
Code
http://www.myweb.com/forums/attachments

veteran
veteran
JPB, if you've already read this I've changed reply 1 to include your .htm file. My first reply quoted a .php file. wink

J
JPB
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Thanks ScriptKeeper! Both of your suggestions worked and are now implemented.. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go, but for now I feel like I will overcome them with the great support that is offered up here.

Many Thanks...

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Great response SK; you get a gold star wink tongue

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 917 guests, and 165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29