Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
We just upgraded to 7.2, and the overwhelming complaint about the upgrade is that its very difficult to see threads with new posts vs. threads with no new posts. Basically, we are using the stock style and the difference in post icons is not nearly as identifiable vs. before when the entire threads topic would be in bold if it had new posts.

Is there anyway to color or bold the topics with new posts in them? I've tried searching through the boards here as well as playing around in the styles settings but no luck.

Similarly, stickied posts seem to blend right in with the normal posts...

Thanks for any assistance.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Edit the stylesheet, in forum properties, set the title new- classes to have this:
font-weight: bold;

Any "new" topics will have the thread title bolded.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
hehe, i like the idea of a sticky class wink

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Oh btw, I should add, the reason this isn't mentioned elsewhere on the forum is because the "new" and "alternate" classes where added in 7.2.

Though i do like the idea of a sticky class as well, or placing stickly and announcements in a seperated table (or at least have more "seperation" between them and the normal posts)

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
enthusiast
enthusiast
I think I mentioned the same thing since 7.1 ...

I still wonder is this possible to have different table row background color for odd/even and new/old threads in 7.2 ?

English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
yes, you have 4 classes. 2 for new 2 for the alternation.

play around in the style editor and you'll see the preview on the right smile

B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Thanks Gizmo and Sirdude, I was able to get it working. The alternating classes threw me for a bit since I didn't realize it was going every other row at first.

I also didn't realize we could free-form and add attributes, ala font-weight: bold; but that was really helpful info to know!

Best regards

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Yup, you can customize any attributes which have a css definition; assuming the section you want to use has a class in the editor anyway...

But back to whats at hand, yeh the alternating items where also added back into 7.2 due to numerous requests.

old hand
old hand
Nice tip.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
A great resource for anyone wanting to learn or play with CSS would be w3Schools.com I go to their site constantly wink

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Outdoorking, Ruben, Nightcrawler, 1 invisible), 866 guests, and 254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29