Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
journeyman
journeyman
Here is the screen when I checked on it and found out it failed:

Code
Importing threads from UBB.classic™ Forum number 115, 100 of 156 total to be imported.

Importing "Relieving encumbrances" (2 replies)
Importing "Prod Scattergram Report Down" (2 replies)
Importing "GL Report Writer - Unable to Sort on SubObj" (5 replies)
Importing "Burdens on Cancelled PAY warrants not on SAP" (3 replies)

Warning: html::include(languages/english/generic.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\qsswww\forums\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 892

Warning: html::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'languages/english/generic.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Inetpub\qsswww\forums\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 892

Notice: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "not_right_bare.tpl" in C:\Inetpub\qsswww\forums\libs\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1087

That path in there (c:\php5\pear) does not exist. I also have no idea where it came from, as that path has never existed on this machine as php has always been installed in c:\php.

UBB Since November 07, 2000.
journeyman
journeyman
FWIW... I rebuilt the Classic forums last night, and am trying the import again after dropping/recreating all the tables. Fingers crossed eek

journeyman
journeyman
No joy... same exact results:

Code
Importing threads from UBB.classic™ Forum number 115, 100 of 156 total to be imported.

Warning: html::include(languages/english/generic.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\qsswww\forums\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 892

Warning: html::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'languages/english/generic.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Inetpub\qsswww\forums\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 892

Notice: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "not_right_bare.tpl" in C:\Inetpub\qsswww\forums\libs\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1087

Any help/insight/suggestions greatly appreciated. I still can't find out where that php5 path is coming from either.

Thanks,
Tim

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
The php5 path is normal, that's just comes from the standard path setting where it will search by default. The problem seems to be that it can't locate the language files. Does the forum itself seem to be operation after the installation was done?

journeyman
journeyman
The forum works fine after the import fails. I made some code changes for extended error reporting that I found here after doing some changes to what I was searching on (https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/184213/fpart/2).

Here is the error with the more detailed error information after making those changes:

Script: C:\Inetpub\qsswww\forums\importers\classic_import.php
Line#: 1280
SQL Error: MySQL server has gone away
Please verify that your MySQL server is running
SQL Error #: 2006
Query: INSERT INTO ubbt_POSTS (POST_PARENT_ID,TOPIC_ID,POST_IS_TOPIC,POST_POSTED_TIME,POST_POSTER_IP,POST_SUBJECT,POST_BODY,POST_DEFAULT_BODY, POST_ICON,POST_IS_MEMBER_POST,USER_ID,POST_ADD_SIGNATURE) VALUES ( Cut out for bandwidth conservation, but it's HUGE )

The post is HUGE with tons of text. Am I hitting some sort of limit or something? I see the referenced thread mentions a similar problem. I'm not sure though what other edits I really should be doing to handle the larger posts (assuming that really is the issue.)

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, this line is definitely not good:

"SQL Error: MySQL server has gone away"

That basically means your mysql server has died or stopped responding for that query. Is this your own server or are you on a hosted server?

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Rick
Hmm, this line is definitely not good:

"SQL Error: MySQL server has gone away"

That basically means your mysql server has died or stopped responding for that query. Is this your own server or are you on a hosted server?

It's our own server, and it had not actually gone away. It is used for a variety of other functions and none experienced any issues. It looks like the query is about 1,049,310 characters long. I'd think it's most likely a case that it has stopped responding.

Tim

journeyman
journeyman
Is this a case where the "alter table ubbt_POSTS change POST_BODY mediumtext, change POST_DEFAULT_BODY mediumtext" is applicable. And if so, do I just run this query after building the tables, prior to importing?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Ok, I believe the default max query size MySQL allows is 1 meg, so you're probably hitting that ceiling. Let me see if I can figure out what variable needs to be changed.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Looks like it's the max_allowed_packet variable. Maybe set that to like 2 Megs during the import in case you have any larger ones wink

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Rick
Looks like it's the max_allowed_packet variable. Maybe set that to like 2 Megs during the import in case you have any larger ones wink

How do I change that variable for the import only? Can I add it into the import script somewhere, or should I change it on the MySQL server temporarily?

Thanks,
Tim

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It would need to go into the MySQL server config.

journeyman
journeyman
I was able to get a successful import. I changed the max_allowed_packet to 16 meg in the my.ini. I also changed the table creation script to make the post_body, and post_default_body mediumtext to handle these whopping posts (it wasn't the first, and it won't be the last.) I chose to do it there as I've been dropping all the tables, recreating everything, and re-importing, and will be doing so at least one more time when I cut over from the classic to the threads.

But, it definitely looks like the worst part is over (wait... that's not true, the users coming forth with their "but this has changed" will probably be the worst part eek)

I definitely appreciate the assistance!

Tim

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by QSS Tim
(wait... that's not true, the users coming forth with their "but this has changed" will probably be the worst part eek)
Natives don't like change, which is entertaining... Just explaine that the upgrade was nessessary due to more optimized coding and newer features, tends to calm them down wink

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
they are never satisfied, regardless of reason... i've been through too many 'we want it just like it was' threads...

human nature frown

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Amen... Been trying to get a user to switch over from Outlook 2002 client that only supports a 2GB PST file so that I can give him 2003 that supports a 20GB PST file.

He has nearly 30Gb of data on the mail server that I want to take off and place on a normal file server, but he doesn't like the look and feel of Outlook 2003 tongue

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Thats why I like Thunderbird... Don't like the look? Go find another theme! lol

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ruben, Slaz, ahmed047, 1 invisible), 667 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29