Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9
You know how you can have a single ad, usually google adwords, show up right underneath the first post within a thread? What is that called, and how do we implement it?
Thanks in advance guys smile
~T

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
First create the island...

Control panel >> Portal >> Custom Islands
(Here, you can create your Island and enter your advert code)


Now, go to the forum you want to enter the island into....

Control panel >> Forum Settings >> (pick a forum) Details >>

Choose the Custom Inserts |TAB|
...then choose the appropriate Custom Island Insert.

smile

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
@Tracy, I call it the "Ad Island" wink...

@Driv, great, informative, post smile


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9
T
stranger
stranger
T Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks you guys, I took a look following your instructions and am pretty confident I can do it. I notice there are 10 custom islands there now, can I use any one of those and just drop the code in? We're using Yahoo contextual ads btw.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Yep, any of them will do. And you got 9 spare to do other custom island stuff with smile


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Originally Posted by Gizmo
@Tracy, I call it the "Ad Island" wink...

Ooops - missed the question blush

Originally Posted by Gizmo
@Driv, great, informative, post smile

Praise from Caesar laugh


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)