Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 3
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 3
Hello all,
I have recently upgraded from UBB Classic to Threads v7.2 and I have about 600 user accounts on my BB system. In my company we are trying to remove or change applications that maintain separate databases of user accounts and are trying to integrate everything into MS Active directory.

I have searched the forums here but I cannot find and mention of a feature that allows the user database to authenticate against Active directory or LDAP. Is it possible to do this?

If this authentication feature is not available, could you please add it to your list of requested features?

Best Regards
DM

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
While some sort of synchronisation would be doable (ie, the ubb database gets information from active directory for new users, and removed users), ubb.threads cannot work without it's own userdatabase.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Interesting... Rick has mentioned possible support for other db's in the future, but I don't think it's on the drawing board yet. This sounds like a one-off modification someone would need to write.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
I did some research, because we could use ldap authentication for our intranet at work. There is something outthere, ( http://adldap.sourceforge.net/ ) that assist.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I believe that when discussing something before with LDAP it was brought up that it'd be way too much effort and time involved for LDAP for the handful of users that even understand what LDAP is...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 563 guests, and 80 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)