Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#1953 07/26/2006 11:09 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 67
I have had a user request for a "spoiler text" tag, which I believe is a hack that's out there for the 6x boards. It seems like a good request, and one that's generically useful.


[Linked Image from boards.collectors-society.com]
Architecht #1970 07/26/2006 6:50 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
"spoiler text"

whats that ?


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #1975 07/26/2006 8:33 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
its where you have a ubbcode tag named spoiler, and members can opt to view what is in the spiler.. basically for lik moeies and stuff, where you can hide bits and pieces that will 'spoil' the movie for some... allows for a better, more in-debth review..


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #1983 07/27/2006 5:19 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,057
Sounds intresting smile


BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
Mark S #1986 07/27/2006 7:02 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
yeh, Brett made one for UBB.C6.7; i'm sure i can con him into doing it for .t7 if he has the time... he has a lot to port! :x


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #2036 07/29/2006 11:09 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 50
M
mag Offline
journeyman
journeyman
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 50
A lot of help forums would like that spoiler tag added. We for one would love it.
I have seen
Text
used on some other forum programs.
Thanks.

mag #2037 07/30/2006 5:12 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
member
member
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 171
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by mag
I have seen
Text
used on some other forum programs.
Thanks.

I've used that particular mod with my Classic board--it's definitely something I'd love to see for Threads simply because my community is a reader-driven one.

~Sue
adwoff.com


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (vscope, SteveS), 683 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)