Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#200058 10/28/2007 3:54 AM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
Hi!

A couple of users are requesting games on the forum. E.g. Tetris. I'm a bit sceptic about the idea, but willing to take a look at it.
Can anyone help me getting a tetris-like game on my forum? smirk

luckie #200059 10/28/2007 4:27 AM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
whistle the first page displayed when visiting the forum is always the portal page, what sounds obvious. My portal page holds the disclaimer and rules.. I'd like to directly jump to the Forum list instead of the portal page. Possible?


luckie #200070 10/28/2007 12:13 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
When you say games on your forum, do you mean embdeded in the threads? I wouldn't have thought so confused

The other option, I suppose, is to embed a java applet in an html page (very easy) - or in a custom/template page - (which I've never needed to do).

There is a thread about custom pages here.

Last edited by driv; 10/28/2007 12:18 PM. Reason: custom page thread
luckie #200072 10/28/2007 12:24 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
veteran
veteran
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,235
Originally Posted by luckie
Can anyone help me getting a tetris-like game on my forum?
http://www.miniclip.com/games/en/webmaster-games.php

ScriptKeeper #200081 10/28/2007 5:02 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
A quite popular arcade, CT Arcade is capable of integrating with UBB.T7.x


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
ScriptKeeper #200386 11/01/2007 7:26 AM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by ScriptKeeper
Originally Posted by luckie
Can anyone help me getting a tetris-like game on my forum?
http://www.miniclip.com/games/en/webmaster-games.php

Where do I put the code?
I experimented a bit, but can't seem to get it to work frown

luckie #200390 11/01/2007 7:38 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Just post the code - but it has to be HTML, I think smile

driv #200391 11/01/2007 7:55 AM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
I'm currently looking at the possibility to create a custom page.. can I create a new page for only games?

This is difficult stuff for a beginner smirk but I'm holding on wink

luckie #200396 11/01/2007 8:51 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
Someone should 7.3ise the arcade add-on. i seem to remember there was one for 6.5x at some point.

dunno where that mod is.

SD #200430 11/01/2007 6:16 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I loved the 6.x arcade, but have been quite content with the $20 package I posted above that I was referred to by Ian


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #200564 11/03/2007 7:36 AM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
There's no easy, free way to add 1 game then?

luckie #200566 11/03/2007 8:49 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 3
Yes. You can post the code in a standard forum thread (in HTML) - perhaps even make it sticky.

Or, you can take a look at this over at UBBDev.

Gizmo #200569 11/03/2007 9:10 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Gizmo
A quite popular arcade, CT Arcade is capable of integrating with UBB.T7.x


This works well and allows you to regulate you can and can't play games.

When the new groups permissions comes in - you will be able to select games to paying members, or members who have made x number of posts.

It also allows members to challenge other members to a game.


Ian #201847 11/22/2007 10:08 AM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
I'm still messing around with the games..
I can not find any game which I can simply add to my board.

No idea how to transform code into html. Now I found a swf file but no idea how to add that to the forum crazy

Do you guys have any games on your forum and how did you manage to insert them? Can I have a look at the way they're inserted (as a topic or..?)

luckie #201852 11/22/2007 12:05 PM
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
Does anyone have experience with Zylom?
click

luckie #201881 11/22/2007 8:08 PM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
I have games on several of my forums, as does Ian; both using the CTArcade addon, which makes adding games pretty simple (download the flash, upload it to your site, type in the url and the name, done)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #201890 11/23/2007 3:42 AM
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
I helped luckie with this yesterday, I just copy/pasted some object html tag from an existing game into a message, and that works.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Yarp #201897 11/23/2007 4:42 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
hrm. [game]tadum[/game] hrm..

SD #201899 11/23/2007 5:02 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
'eh i always liked [flash][/flash], in fact, i posted it at ubbdev at one point...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Gizmo #201901 11/23/2007 5:06 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940
Likes: 1
lol Giz, you missed the hint

with the custom bbcode tags wink

flash works too tongue

SD #201903 11/23/2007 7:44 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
<snicker> I'm sure a sly ninja will get to that this weekend...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 206 guests, and 158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)