|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
Hi! A couple of users are requesting games on the forum. E.g. Tetris. I'm a bit sceptic about the idea, but willing to take a look at it. Can anyone help me getting a tetris-like game on my forum? 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
 the first page displayed when visiting the forum is always the portal page, what sounds obvious. My portal page holds the disclaimer and rules.. I'd like to directly jump to the Forum list instead of the portal page. Possible?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3 |
When you say games on your forum, do you mean embdeded in the threads? I wouldn't have thought so  The other option, I suppose, is to embed a java applet in an html page (very easy) - or in a custom/template page - (which I've never needed to do). There is a thread about custom pages here.
Last edited by driv; 10/28/2007 12:18 PM. Reason: custom page thread
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
A quite popular arcade, CT Arcade is capable of integrating with UBB.T7.x
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
Where do I put the code? I experimented a bit, but can't seem to get it to work 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3 |
Just post the code - but it has to be HTML, I think 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
I'm currently looking at the possibility to create a custom page.. can I create a new page for only games? This is difficult stuff for a beginner  but I'm holding on 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
Someone should 7.3ise the arcade add-on. i seem to remember there was one for 6.5x at some point.
dunno where that mod is.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
I loved the 6.x arcade, but have been quite content with the $20 package I posted above that I was referred to by Ian
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
There's no easy, free way to add 1 game then?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3 |
Yes. You can post the code in a standard forum thread (in HTML) - perhaps even make it sticky. Or, you can take a look at this over at UBBDev.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
A quite popular arcade, CT Arcade is capable of integrating with UBB.T7.x This works well and allows you to regulate you can and can't play games. When the new groups permissions comes in - you will be able to select games to paying members, or members who have made x number of posts. It also allows members to challenge other members to a game.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
I'm still messing around with the games.. I can not find any game which I can simply add to my board. No idea how to transform code into html. Now I found a swf file but no idea how to add that to the forum  Do you guys have any games on your forum and how did you manage to insert them? Can I have a look at the way they're inserted (as a topic or..?)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
Does anyone have experience with Zylom? click
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
I have games on several of my forums, as does Ian; both using the CTArcade addon, which makes adding games pretty simple (download the flash, upload it to your site, type in the url and the name, done)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2 |
I helped luckie with this yesterday, I just copy/pasted some object html tag from an existing game into a message, and that works.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
hrm. [game]tadum[/game] hrm..
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
'eh i always liked [flash][/flash], in fact, i posted it at ubbdev at one point...
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
lol Giz, you missed the hint with the custom bbcode tags  flash works too 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
<snicker> I'm sure a sly ninja will get to that this weekend...
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
206
guests, and
158
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|