|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
Hi, I don't know if this is the right spot to post the problem, if not, I'm very sorry  Here's the thing: I just changed hosts.. What I did was download all the files and directories from the old one and upload them to the new one (ftp). This doesn't seem to work? This is the error I'm getting. Anyone any idea? ![[Linked Image from img209.imageshack.us]](http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5838/errortt9.jpg) My previous hosting contract ends Tuesday evening, so this should be fixed by then  Anyone in for a challenge? I'll buy you some coffee 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2 |
I'd love a cup of coffee  Have a look in /includes/config.inc.php and see if all the paths, and sql server info are pointed to the new server.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
Okay, I have adjusted the config.inc.php file with the info I have at this moment (but I'm affraid I do not have all the info needed at the time).. According to the new hosting company, I should create a new database on their control panel and then transfer all data to that database. I really have no idea where I can find the database data  Blaaskaak, maybe you know my new hosting company, as it's in holland: protagonist.nl .. maybe you can translate because I do not understand their language 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2 |
Did you read Gizmo's server transfer instructions here on ubbcentral? It's in the general assistence (How Do I) forum.
What could be a smart thing is to install a clean copy of ubb.threads on your new server, that way you know ubb will run, and you can use the config.inc.php created by that install to know the specific settings for that hosting environment.
Last edited by blaaskaak; 11/05/2007 2:04 PM.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
I read Gizmo's instructions, but it's like Chinese to me  I'm not familiar with linux/bsd and stuff .. Can you point me to the place where the database is located? A clean install would be an option, but sd adjusted a coulple of things which I can not redo myself. Sorry to bother you guys with this, if I knew this would be so hard for a dummy, I wouldn't even have changed hosts 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2 |
The clean install would just be to get a correct config.inc.php for your new host. You can copy settings like path/database etc from that config.inc.php to your old config.inc.php. That new clean install would be thrown away. The database is located on the mysql server, it's not a file download, you actually need to backup. If you have to transfer for tomorrow night, my best suggestion would be to close the board asap, and use database tools > backup to get a backup of your database. After that's done (which can take a while, but not too long since your board is relatively small), just download each and everyfile you have at your current host 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
luckie, my only adjustments had to do with your styles.. so no worries.. go for it dude ! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
blaaskaak is 'secretely' helping me in the meanwhile, i'm not gonna succeed on my own  Oh, and it's dudesse.. maybe an explanation for you guys why i'm such a dummy 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
ah no.. dudesse's are more cool  btw, with Yarp™ on it, you have nothing to fear ! 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
 Great, big relief 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2 |
btw, with Yarp™ on it, you have nothing to fear !  Except Yarp™ himself 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
 Too late to cry for help now? 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2 |
 Too late to cry for help now?  Yep, already got server access gna gna gna 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3
Pooh-Bah
|
|
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,474 Likes: 3 |
OOooofff scary.... 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
didn't get any sleep last night, guarding my control panel 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2 |
That's why all my hack attempts failed 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2
Veteran
|
|
Veteran
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360 Likes: 2 |
To make this transfer as smooth as possible I thought up this scenario:
Close up board Backup Move data to new host Get new host working a okay (already have a trial import running) Open up new board At old board, change database settings to use the database from the new host. (I can connect to it, I tested that) Start the DNS circus
That way, old board, new board, same posts/stuff. You would only get logged out maybe once or twice because of the sessions stuff.
Anyone ever tried this or knows some issues?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
i like the fact that you can connect to the db from old IP.. i normally don't get that luxury.. just 'localhost'.. good stuff 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92
journeyman
|
|
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 92 |
blaaskaak 's ruling my board 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
I was getting yarp™ed on IM last night about possibilities; some hosts (well, the control panels they use) allow you to set what addresses you want to allow to connect to the db, so it works for our Yarp™ikins best as he lingered on above  . Some hosts though, get really anal about access other than localhost to mysql lol.
|
|
|
|
1 members (Havenofsobriety),
176
guests, and
163
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|