Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#200686 11/05/2007 1:43 PM
from a user regarding the image manager in a photo gallery

I have Windows XP and after much struggling I did get it to work so the problem is not the computer but the computee.

First problem was that I was not in the right forum – you have to be in the photos, etc. one.

Next – I had a hard time finding the image manager. I expected it to be one of the boxes and it is not. It is at the bottom and isn’t even underscored to indicate that it is a link.

Then once I browsed and got my image I didn’t see that you have to upload it.

I am used to adding the name of my image and description AFTER I get the image up but in this case you need to type in that stuff before you upload the image.

Then you can browse for the 2nd and 3rd images following the same procedure.
I love you Marty .. . but I think this is a very difficult process. . . just my opinion.

most folks do ok, but struggle a little. love the photo gallery, it works fine, just a comment i have heard a few times...

Originally Posted by mcasado
It is at the bottom and isn’t even underscored to indicate that it is a link.[/i]
I think that's down to your style sheet wink

I made a Help Topic for my members, "Forum Tips"
And put uploading in the island, as well as using other buttons.

Just my feedback smile

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
from a user regarding the image manager in a photo gallery

I have Windows XP and after much struggling I did get it to work so the problem is not the computer but the computee.

First problem was that I was not in the right forum – you have to be in the photos, etc. one.
That would be logical option - as you may have more than one gallery - you need to think of uploading a photo as an extension to a regular post, for these you need to be in the correct forum.
Next – I had a hard time finding the image manager. I expected it to be one of the boxes and it is not. It is at the bottom and isn’t even underscored to indicate that it is a link.
It is at the bottom of the new post page - and should be underlined - you need to check your CSS file - either that or the user is overriding your CSS.
Then once I browsed and got my image I didn’t see that you have to upload it.

I am used to adding the name of my image and description AFTER I get the image up but in this case you need to type in that stuff before you upload the image.

Then you can browse for the 2nd and 3rd images following the same procedure.
I love you Marty .. . but I think this is a very difficult process. . . just my opinion.

I agree - this part of it could be improved - or labled clearer - it is easy not to get things in the right order or even to realise you need to hit done adding files for example.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 859 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29