Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#201699 11/19/2007 6:31 PM
stranger
stranger
I have a poll (non-UBB) on one of my Websites at http://www.azpolls.org/fillsurvey.php?sid=2 . I have it set to automatically transfer the voter to a spcific board ( http://www.onelung.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=31&page=1 ) on my UBB forum after they vote.

When I test it, it loads my forum, but gives an "access denied..." error. The boards permissions allow guests to "read" the board.

Going straight to the UBB forum address above works fine. It just doesn't work when my polling software makes the automatic transfer.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

If you're 20 and not a Liberal, you have no heart. But if you're 40 and still a Liberal, you have no brain.
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
do you have referrer checking enabled? if so, you'll need to add azpolls.org as a valid referrer..

possibly wink

stranger
stranger
Thanks for your reply.

First I added http://www.azpolls.org to my list of HTTP referrers and it didn't work. Then I disabled the HTTP Referred check and it still doesn't work.

I can't figure out why, but it works if you paste the url into the browser or click it as a text link.

If you're 20 and not a Liberal, you have no heart. But if you're 40 and still a Liberal, you have no brain.
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
hrm.. how are you transferring ? Are you using a Header transfer or a link ? or.. ?

stranger
stranger
The polling software ( chumpsoft.com ) allows you to input a URL that you want the voter sent to after they vote. I imputted the url to that specific UBB board.

It IS going to the correct URL, but it gives the access denied error instead of displaying the list of topics like it should.

stranger
stranger
UPDATE:

I created an interface HTML file with the following javascript code as a redirect. Now the transfer works without error. I posted the code below in case anyone else has the problem.

Code
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!-- 
window.location="http://www.onelung.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&amp;Board=31&amp;page=1";
// -->
</script>

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
ok, i created a little redir guy, just to see if i can redir to your thread. works fine.

it's called bleh.php: Linky Poo

contents:

PHP Code

<?php
header('Location: http://www.onelung.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=31&page=1');
?>

so, dunno how they are redirecting to your site.. but you could get sneaky on them..

upload bleh.php to your root and have the poll redirect to bleh.php laugh

just a thought smile

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
lmao, well i guess you had the same idea laugh

good for you wink

ps: i like your sig

stranger
stranger
Yes, we did have the same idea. ha!

I am still curious as to why the direct link gives the "access denied" error. Oh well. At least it works.

Thanks for the help.

I list the poll in the general category of craigs list and when people vote, it takes them to my forum. It's a pretty good way to get new members. :-)

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
i'll bet it's not a true redirect. more like they are doing an fsocket open and reading the stream before 'letting go'

maybe doing some mining while they 'redir'

dunno :shrug:

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
4 members (Baldeagle, Ruben, ahmed047, 1 invisible), 835 guests, and 149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29