Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#202065 11/27/2007 9:31 PM
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
I'm working on constructing a portal page whose main feature would be a regularly updated blog. I've been toying with the idea of using a WordPress or TypePad template but I'm concerned about the potential confusion it could cause users who may have to sign in with different names and passwords to leave comments in the blog vs. in the forums.

Does UBB have a blog plug-in that has similar functionality to either WordPress or TypePad?

The two entities I'm trying to merge are: (pay no mind to current layout of either as this project will coincide with a full redesign)
blog - http://blog.sounddomain.com/
forums - http://sounddomain.com/

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
currently no blog plug-in is available for ubbthreads.

integrated blogging has been a source of conversation, but it has yet to be an official part of the product's path.

sooo, currently i'd say a 'tie in' or database sharing bridge would be required.. which is entirely possible. it's a 3rd party development task though. smile

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
hmmm... not much different than an announcement-only forum (with replies) and some sort of ubbnews mod smile

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Any idea where I'd turn to get info on a database 'tie in', or how labor intensive it might be?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You'd end up hijacking their registration code to insert the username/password they register with (along with any other info) into the ubb tables; you would probably also want to edit the login code to populate the ubb cookie to make them auto logged in...

The you'd probably want to remove the register/login links from UBB.Threads and have everything handeled via your external blog.

Last edited by Gizmo; 11/28/2007 8:51 PM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Napalm, 1 invisible), 867 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29