Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
The Great Global Warming Swindle (2007)
http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=16177

1 hour 13 min DIVX video

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
don't even get me started on the 'Goreacle'... bleh... Global Warming is the new 'religion' frown

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
It's the current version of the "Green" Business - I'm all for a cleaner environment and conserving natural resources, but hypocritical alarmists are in the Global Warming business for fame and money.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Let's face it - there must have been massive complaints when the ice age ended - I mean melting all that ice and flooding land.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
laugh

The biggest question is whether or not anything we have done or will do will have any effect on climate change - climate change is cyclical in nature, it's been both warmer and cooler in the last 500 years than it is now. Al Gore's issue is that he overplayed his hand - he gave 'stats' that even fellow Global Alarmists can't agree to with a straight face. He urges us on to personal sacrifice to curb 'carbon footprints' when he himself forges a carbon footprint many times that of an average-sized family.

- Allen
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Linky Poo

sums up some of my feelings.. i could go on for days on this subject frown

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
He still thinks there's dinosaurs roaming Santa Barbara wink

- Allen
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
LOL - Well considering the World has thousands of Scientists more highly valued in many fields of science than Michael Crichton I can only say that he must have been asked to speak due to his celebrity like status. Though he has a degree in science it is not a career path he chose, which to me is sort of like asking a jet mechanic from 30 years ago to work on your brand new jet. He might have the basics but he certainly will not be up to date on current technology, and you would be much better off having a currently certified (not previously certified) mechanic work on your jet.

As with most of these types of discussions, both sides have good valid points. Unfortunately some don't use actual verifiable scientific studies in their presentation but rather take things out of context to make it sensational so that viewers will watch. If it were presented as just science then most users would not watch it because it would be boring as heck.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
He does have some good points - I haven't read it all yet, but what I have is good. It doesn't have to be lab test readouts and such to get the message across without hyperbole smile

- Allen
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
It doesn't have to be lab test readouts and such to get the message across without hyperbole smile

But that is part of the reason it gets slammed by other scientist in certain fields of study as they have the studies to dispute these claims. Part of the criticism of Michael is that he too took studies out of context and reworded them to fit his paper.

So, yes both sides are at fault for misinformation.

I'll continue to recycle stuff as I think it's the right thing to do, but sorry - I won't stop driving my car any time soon to save the World as Al would love me to do.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
He still thinks there's dinosaurs roaming Santa Barbara wink

nope they are in Florida - I saw them wink

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
speaking of Global Warming Linky Poo

This is exactly what Crichton was talking about in State of Fear.. Politicized 'science' .. seems he was prescient.. frown

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 1,165 guests, and 234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29