|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215
enthusiast
|
|
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215 |
I suggest "Shout Box per Forum" feature. Each forum is attached a "Shout Box". (or an option , that some forum can have their shout boxes , and other forums share the global shout box)
Some users are familiar with each other only in some forum. They are "friends" in one forum , but when they enter another forum , they feel un-comfortable , unfamiliar.
If each board is attached a shout box (of course , it must take forum authorization into consideration), they can stay in their forum and discuss forum-specific issues online.
Currently , the Shout Box is global , it can be preserved , used for portal pages , or forums without specific shout box.
English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
Thought about that in the past - would be a useful feature no - make that a very useful feature 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532 Likes: 150 |
'eh sure if all of your forums are popular; otherwise it'll be a waste of space in the db 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
sure - but like most things - it doesn't have to be compulsory
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215
enthusiast
|
|
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 215 |
'eh sure if all of your forums are popular; otherwise it'll be a waste of space in the db  I don't think it's a waste of space in the db. The shouts in ubbt_SHOUT_BOX table are purged by ubbthreads , isn't it ? So , if I have 50 forums , and each shout box size is 20 , it only occupies 1000 rows in DB. Furthermore , not all forums need a specific forum , some forums may share global shout box.
English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1
Former Developer
|
|
Former Developer
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,940 Likes: 1 |
not much of a waste of space at all. would be a medium mod to accomplish.. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1
Carpal Tunnel
|
|
Carpal Tunnel
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,839 Likes: 1 |
please.....  Send me your bill & paypal account 
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
225
guests, and
88
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|