Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#206641 02/18/2008 10:27 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
Hidee,

Reviewing some bannering possibilities, I'm running into a few questions.

1/
I can display custom islands between 1st and 2nd post, but can I CONDITIONALLY show them depending on users being logged in or not?

2/
I actually want to display a banner ad just below the last post in a page (this has proven to be most succesful in another Forum I run). How to do this in UBBThreads?

3/
Is there already an option in 7.3 where we can display banner ads depending on a user having donated or not? Or are there other options to encourage donations?


Cheers for any answers.

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
1.

Yes, with the new permissions system you can choose which users (including guests) get to see the banner island inbetween post 1 and 2.

2.

There is no standard solution for that. I have made it as a hack for a different forum, it's not too difficult.

3. As I said, depending on groups you can display banners or not, donations can put users in groups etc.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
Hello blaaskaak, bedankt voor de info (thanks for the info!)

Can you give me some example of the hack you did for nr. 2?


Cheers!

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
https://www.ubbdev.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/316341/7_2_2_Random_Adds.html#Post316341

And just find the template you want to to add an add. I guess in your case postlist.tpl

In the code you could choose to display it only for certain groups (or remove it for certain groups).


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
K
Member
Member
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 120
Ok, looks easy enough, but how do I add Adsense code instead of some random topic content?

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
put the adsense code in that random topic wink

That random topic is just a way of rotating banners, you could adjust the code to plant in google adsense code.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)