Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 70
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 70

In my Control Panel » Feature Settings is set the "Max # of private messages per user: to 50" but it does not count them down like I have seen on another forum, nor stop people posting when set to 0

I was hoping to set PM to 0 to stop PM


Best Regards

Danny de Hek - Below is our Office Cam Image

[Linked Image from newzealandnz.co.nz]
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 51
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 51
You can turn PM "off" by restricting the access to the sendpage of PM

Open:
/scripts/sendprivate.inc.php
and change

Code
		"admin_or_mod" => 0,
to
Code
		"admin_or_mod" => 1,

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,360
Likes: 2
I would still clean up the templates, to not have any link to it.

And disable welcome PM's.

I'd love to see a tick in control panel to disable PM's all together.


[Linked Image from siemons.org]
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 51
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by blaaskaak
I'd love to see a tick in control panel to disable PM's all together.

That would it make much easier smile

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 70
journeyman
journeyman
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 70
Hey that rocks! Thank you...

I now get the message "You must be an Administrator or Moderator to access this page!"

I think that is ok...

It would be good if any user can message Mods and Admin and the Admin and Mod could use PM to message users, but not letting User to User PM.

We a immigration site and get other immigration site owner messaging our members and sending them to there websites.


How about turning of the display email address??


Best Regards

Danny de Hek - Below is our Office Cam Image

[Linked Image from newzealandnz.co.nz]
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Just remove the line in the view profile template for the email addresses


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 304 guests, and 96 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)