Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#210453 04/20/2008 10:02 AM
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
enthusiast
enthusiast
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 287
I had a problem with my own login where the login screen would no longer accept my password. I went into the database and looked in ubbt_users and manually reset it which did not work. Fortunately I have two user accounts and I "became" the member through the control panel and successfully changed it back by editing my profile. While I was looking at the database I saw the following error(?) message:
Quote
The following indexes appear to be equal and one of them should be removed: USER_LOGIN_NAME, USER_LOGIN_NAME_2
Is this something I need to fix and what might have caused this? It looks like it is telling me I have a duplicate user login field.

While I have your attention, why is user #1 not used and why does it not show up on any member search?


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,798
Likes: 2
User #1 is the default account. A lot of the functionality of the forum depends on this account. Not a good idea to do anything with this.

Not sure about the index, sounds like the _2 is a duplicate, but I personally wouldn't touch it, it wouldn't be causing issues.


- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 17
newbie
newbie
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by FordDoctor
I had a problem with my own login where the login screen would no longer accept my password. I went into the database and looked in ubbt_users and manually reset it which did not work. Fortunately I have two user accounts and I "became" the member through the control panel and successfully changed it back by editing my profile. While I was looking at the database I saw the following error(?) message:
Quote
The following indexes appear to be equal and one of them should be removed: USER_LOGIN_NAME, USER_LOGIN_NAME_2
Is this something I need to fix and what might have caused this? It looks like it is telling me I have a duplicate user login field.



can you send me a screenshot?






While I have your attention, why is user #1 not used and why does it not show up on any member search?


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Upgraded to ver8 - now can't login
by phoenix011235 - 10/24/2024 8:50 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 494 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)