Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#210453 04/20/2008 10:02 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I had a problem with my own login where the login screen would no longer accept my password. I went into the database and looked in ubbt_users and manually reset it which did not work. Fortunately I have two user accounts and I "became" the member through the control panel and successfully changed it back by editing my profile. While I was looking at the database I saw the following error(?) message:
The following indexes appear to be equal and one of them should be removed: USER_LOGIN_NAME, USER_LOGIN_NAME_2
Is this something I need to fix and what might have caused this? It looks like it is telling me I have a duplicate user login field.

While I have your attention, why is user #1 not used and why does it not show up on any member search?

Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
User #1 is the default account. A lot of the functionality of the forum depends on this account. Not a good idea to do anything with this.

Not sure about the index, sounds like the _2 is a duplicate, but I personally wouldn't touch it, it wouldn't be causing issues.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Originally Posted by FordDoctor
I had a problem with my own login where the login screen would no longer accept my password. I went into the database and looked in ubbt_users and manually reset it which did not work. Fortunately I have two user accounts and I "became" the member through the control panel and successfully changed it back by editing my profile. While I was looking at the database I saw the following error(?) message:
The following indexes appear to be equal and one of them should be removed: USER_LOGIN_NAME, USER_LOGIN_NAME_2
Is this something I need to fix and what might have caused this? It looks like it is telling me I have a duplicate user login field.

can you send me a screenshot?

While I have your attention, why is user #1 not used and why does it not show up on any member search?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29