Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#211473 05/08/2008 7:10 PM
Veteran
Veteran
I have no idea where to even post this but I have lost all my custom fields information and pretty much all my settings for my board. I'm actually glad I had done this on a test server or I would have totally lost my entire community.

I don't even know where to begin or what to say.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
What steps did you do when preforming this upgrade?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Veteran
Veteran
Exactly as the Upgrading your UBB.threads™ 7.0+ blah blah blah stated to the letter.

The bad part is I can't even restore what I had backed up as the one file is to large to put back in using PHPMyAdmin as some PHP setting is not large enough type deal.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Did you happen to overwrite your includes/config.inc.php file during the upgrade?

Veteran
Veteran
No.

here is the error I'm getting in PHPMyAdmin: "No data was received to import. Either no file name was submitted, or the file size exceeded the maximum size permitted by your PHP configuration. See FAQ 1.16."

I need to know what file to change and to what to restore my old database. I think it may be /etc/php.ini

Veteran
Veteran
I have changed the php.ini settings and still unable to import the file.

Veteran
Veteran
I did a command line in mysql through telnet and got all the files in there, I just can not post on the board. It acts like it is posting but nothing new is showing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Veteran
Veteran
looks like I will have to use the source command in the database to pull the entire sql files back in to do it properly. Oh well, Live and Learn, LOL.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

"LOL" is a good attitude... I'm not doing my update for another 12 hours or so, so we'll see if I'll be LOL'ing or @$%*#%'ing myself laugh

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Old Hand
Old Hand
Originally Posted by Thelockman
The bad part is I can't even restore what I had backed up as the one file is to large to put back in using PHPMyAdmin as some PHP setting is not large enough type deal.
you can try this: http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php

my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen
Veteran
Veteran
Yes tried big dump, it did not work for some reason. I'm manually restoring the mysql database using the source and pulling off a preloaded location on the hdd from the message board backups of the mysql database.

I think in the future I will just use Gizmo's routine to backup the database that way it will be one dump and done and easier.

Once I get it all working again I can take another stab at upgrading, lol. I had to have uploaded a wrong file at some point or other or something.

I am really busy today at the office but will get right on this later today sometime and will keep you all posted on if it all works or not. Wish me luck, lol.

Veteran
Veteran
Well, I re-uploaded everything and checked it all out, I can nor write to the database and all that. This brings up a real problem as if i was to even move to a newer server and such I will have to start totally from scratch or something.

How would I get a site to work again under these problems? nay Ideas?

I'm seriously looking at not upgrading now as I have a very active site and do not wish to loose everything without the possibility of every being able to recover it on the live site.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It's really hard to say what's going on. At what point during the upgrade did things go haywire? Do you recall what step you were on, and what, if any, error message you received?

Veteran
Veteran
Went straight through and when I went into the board it was all messed up and nothing was right. When I went into the CP it looked like it was trying to run 7.22 and 7.3 at the same time.

I think I will totally re-install 7.2.2 from scratch then get everything working then put the old database back in and see what happens from there. Other then that I am at a total loss.

Back in classic if you had to totally restore from scratch or move from one machine to another you could rebuild the database and all and it would fix it self, not with threads.

The first threads ver I have ever run was 7.2.2 and changing from classic to threads was not bad at all and had very little problems. Upgrading threads just blew me away, unfortunately we get hundreds of post's a day and have gained about 150 new members since then. It would be devastating to loose everything and have to go back to classic or loose my current database. Would not be a good thing.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Dumb question; you did run the upgrade script?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Veteran
Veteran
Yes. I have no clue what happened though Gizmo.

I just finished totally restoring the test site and going to try it again most likely tomorrow.

Kind of funny though, I learned allot about restoring one of these babies, LOL.

Veteran
Veteran
Ok, I tried it again today and it worked this time. Fixed the sub forum blank bug but my Who's Online is not working for some reason.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
The no input file specified error is because php.ini has a default setting of 8M post max. Your sql file is clearly larger than 8 megs.

post_max_size = 8M

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Also check upload_max_filesize but that shouldn't be your issue here.

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dave. I entered all the .sql files by command line in telnet and it put them in perfectly. Yes the default is 8M and I had changed it to 100M.

I have learned tons by putting this on from scratch and the knowledge out weighs the inconvenience, LOL.

Veteran
Veteran
Looking to do the upgrade on my public side this week end. I will make a total and complete backup before hand for sure, It it can go wrong I will find a way, hehehehe.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 681 guests, and 174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29