Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
  • Do not automaticly open the board if it was closed.
  • You might want to add a checkbox "open after rebuild".
  • Rebuild post count <--- scary!

That's not a content rebuild, that's something that breaks up old data. There should be more warning for that, a user prompt at the least in case of clicking accidently on the wrong link.

I would go as far as making it a seperate field in the db, and make it admin selectable which postcount should be viewed.
  • One rebuilds recomment additional rebuilds.

I would love to able to select a few rebuilds, and have them run in a row automaticly.

Also convient if you change some ubb codes and want rebuild everything that uses those ubb codes.
  • Content rebuilder on pre 7.x posts? Useless. Tags have changed, classic import is plain html, it messes those up.

The posts content rebuilder should have a starting post setting so it will only rebuild posts made in ubb 7.x.
  • Missing a PM rebuilder for changed ubb codes.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
if there is a tickbox to re-open after rebuild, then this should be defaulted ticked, so that less experienced admins do not forget to re-open the forums.

I would also like to see a rebuild for signatures that should comply with current rules, as currently if new rules are implemented existing users are exempt from those rules (until they come to change them).

However avatars could perhaps not be removed if the user is no longer permitted them. We do not wish to upset too many users LOL

My reasoning here is that we have some users with very large images in their signatures. We have restricted this to paying members only. However those that already have this are still showing such large images. I would prefer this to revert to the code only being shown.

This could be handled by a content rebuilder.

Not too sure how you would tell pre 7.x posts/topics - these are not identified to my knowledge.

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by Ian
Not too sure how you would tell pre 7.x posts/topics - these are not identified to my knowledge.

Could be just a config field you can set. Could be automaticly set if you import from another product or upgrade from ubb <7.0.

That rebuild signatures does not comply with current rules is imho a bug.

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
ok, was just doing a topics rebuild, and the script just closed the board on me without warning.

Not too big of a deal, but the board is closed with whatever message you might have entered before. My last message was "we are upgrading to 7.3".

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by Ian

Tata:
Code
SELECT max(POST_ID)+1 as firstv7post FROM ubbt_IMPORT_MAP

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 686 guests, and 131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29