Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#212669 05/18/2008 8:41 AM
G
G Offline
I've spent the last two days upgrading my ooooold 6.1.1 threads db to 6.5.5.

Now I'm trying to import it to 7.3 but it's proving difficult.

During an import to 7.3 it breaks when trying to insert a forum, one of the fields don't exist any more.

Rather than trying to fix the importer myself (without knowledge about the internal changes in threads) I thought I upgrade to 7.2.x instead. No such luck though, as those files are removed from the Member Area.

OK, so maybe an import to 7.0.2, which I actually have, and then upgrade to 7.3? No such luck either, this time the importer breaks on:
insert into ubbt_BANNED_USERS (USER_ID,BAN_EXPIRATION,BAN_REASON) values ( 902 , 0 , 'Imported Ban' )

So... It would be nice to have an upgrade option available where the importer and the UBB.threads package are synced.

Unfortunately I can't wait with the upgrade, the site is closed and due to hoster issues I won't be able to start it up again before the site is upgraded.

Does anyone have any ideas? Can I get an old version of the importer which works with 7.0.2 somewhere? Is there a way to download older version of UBB.threads that actually work with the published importer?

aka Olle Johansson
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I'm actually working on this right now. The importer in the members area is meant to work with 7.3, but it looks like it has an issue or two that I'm trying to get fixed ASAP and then will update the members area.

D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
I moved 6.5 to a new server running MySQL 5 and PHP 5. I installed 7.3. Everything worked fine up til the import step. The 6.5 importer imports the categories and users but when it gets to the forums, after three it stalls. No messages or errors. It just sits there. I reset some timing values as suggested in another thread about timing out (you can change the max_execution_time for PHP locally on a shared server using a .htaccess file). Nothing worked - it stalls in the same place. I am hoping this is a known issue with the importer on 7.3 that will be fixed soon.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If you downloaded the importer when 7.3 first came out you might want to grab it again, as we've had to update it a few times.

I need to get a version # in the import scripts so we can make sure people have the latest one.

D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
The current importer file is the same size as the one I downloaded a few days ago. I downloaded it again anyway. Drpped all the 7.3 tables and recreated them using the install script. I changed the following line in the threads_import.php file:

setTimeout("window.location.href='$url';", 1000);

I changed the 1000 to 30000 and then to 9000 as per a suggestion in another post.

I used the .htaccess file to change the PHP values max_execution_time from 60 to 600 and max_input_time from 60 to 300.

I brought up threads_import.php in my browser. Categories and members import fine. Each time it stalls after importing three forum (board) definitions. The 6.5 tables are in a separate MySQL database from the 7.3 tables.

Process always stalls in the same place. Might there be a problem in the source table for the board definitions (w3t_Boards). Browsing the table I can't see how the order of import is being determined.

Any suggestions? Oh, and it's MySQL 5.0.22 and PHP 5.1.6

Thanks

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

Out of curiosity, is the particular forum it's stalling on excessively large compared to the first two? It took my forums like 11 hours to import from Classic if I remember correctly, so maybe it's actually not stalling? (I would think a Threads-to-Threads import would be a little quicker, though).

GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 5.6.40 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 (was 5.6.41-84.1) / Apache 2.4.54
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Originally Posted by jgeoff
Out of curiosity, is the particular forum it's stalling on excessively large compared to the first two? It took my forums like 11 hours to import from Classic if I remember correctly, so maybe it's actually not stalling? (I would think a Threads-to-Threads import would be a little quicker, though).

Good point but it is just at the step that imports the forum definition and not the contents. The w3t_Boards table only has about 30 rows in it (one per forum). It imports three rows from this table and stops (I left it for 30 minutes and nothing else happened). It is the same three forums each time I tried. Looking at the data I don't why these three are being chosen. Without that information I can't determine what what the next row is and examine that for problems.

The 6.5 board is still running on another server. I'm going to close it and copy over the data again to see if that affects the import.

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
do any of the forum names have & or ' characters in them?

D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Originally Posted by Sirdude
do any of the forum names have & or ' characters in them?

Two have an apostrophe ('). One doesn't show up on the active 6.5 board but is in the w3t_Boards table. I'll delete both boards and try the import again.

Thanks

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
rather than delete.. just rename them to something without '

that's where i was going smile

D
stranger
stranger
D Offline
Originally Posted by Sirdude
rather than delete.. just rename them to something without '

that's where i was going smile

I'm testing on a separate server so it's easier to just delete the rows in the table.

Regardless, still the same problem. I made a fresh copy of all the 6.5 data and restored it on the new server. I deleted the two boards with apostrophes in the title. I dropped and recreated the 7.3 tables and ran the importer again. Same result - stops in the boards step after importing the same three forums. I left it for a couple of hours and nothing else happened.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Might need you to open up a support ticket so I can add some debug code into the importer to see what's going on.

Old Hand
Old Hand
is this problem fixed? I do a update right now and encounter the same problem. Update a 6.2.2 to 6.5.5 und try running the importer. The same thing happen to me: stopped while importing boards and the browser say ready ... nothing else happen.

it stopped at /importers/threads_import.php?ubb=boards with importing only 2 boards

I stuck at this point and like to bring the board online again.
/update: I fix it like Gizmo: install 7.2.2, use an older importer and then do an update. But it would be nice to have an working 7.3.1 importer

Last edited by Zarzal; 08/21/2008 2:55 PM.

my board: http://www.dragonclan-forum.de
my hobby: http://www.biker-reise.de
Ich kann bei Fragen zu UBBthreads in Deutsch weiterhelfen oder es zumindest versuchen

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Version 7.7.5 Images suddenly not displaying
by Stovebolt - 05/04/2024 11:19 AM
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (ahmed047, Nightcrawler, 1 invisible), 566 guests, and 148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29