Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
newbie
newbie
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
Where do I remove the option for the Style chooser?!?

Can't seem to find it but...really I'm not all that brilliant anyway....

So I may have been right in front of me but I know the search didn't yield any results...


One Day....
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
newbie
newbie
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
Found another issue...

Kind odd but figure I'll throw it as well..

http://www.sclr.org

imported old forums from 6.7 Classic no problem except have to run this db script to make it work at the end...

Code
update ubbt_FORUMS set CATEGORY_ID='1'

However our site is viewed in a frame.. old setup I'm just dealing it with the old framework until the Joomla Component is released for UBB...

anyway Firefox all is well... but with IE the login just rotates back to the main page but doesn't log the user in...

If the wrong password or username is entered the then it will error out as expected but log in correctly it doesn't authenticate but redirects as if it did...



One Day....
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Viper_iii
Where do I remove the option for the Style chooser?!?

If you mean in the footer, just comment-out that section from the /default/footer.tpl template... that's what I did:
HTML
<td width="60%">
{if $privacy_statement}
{$privacy_statement} &middot;
{/if}
<a href="{ubb url="ubb=markallread"}">{$lang.MARKALL}</a>
<!--//
<form method="" action="" name="prefs">
<input type="hidden" name="curl" value="{$current_url}" />
{$styles} {$langs}
</form>
//-->
</td>
That removes both the style and language choosers...


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
CSS is a far cleaner way to remove it than actually editing the code... You don't want to have to worry about people editing the wrong thing, even if you clearly define the area

I put this in my "Header Insert" on the html inserts page
Code
<style type="text/css">
.footer form { display: none; }
</style>

Or you could drop this into the "Extra CSS" in your style:
Code
.footer form { display: none; }


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,659
Likes: 1

I still need to learn more about CSS... I guess I'm a bit old-fashioned that way. laugh wink


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
Originally Posted by jgeoff
I still need to learn more about CSS... I guess I'm a bit old-fashioned that way. laugh wink
Lol when these where being put in, i was all "can you add an id so i can hide them if i don't like them?" lol, it's why most things have id's now :X


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
newbie
newbie
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
I just set the other style to disabled... that took it away as well...

Now to figure out why IE7 won't pass or maintain the credentials...

currently to get it up quicker I cheated..

Site A: where the static pages are
www.sclr.org
Site B: where the forums are
sclr.ods.org/forums

Firefox doesn't care but IE sure does!!!

how about I add a dns name like forums.sclr.org and add the forums to that? Then will IE be happy?



I'm going for a hat trick with this one!

Lightbox for the gallery.... is there any mods for this... even ubbdev didn't have this yet...

Last edited by Viper_iii; 06/19/2008 7:42 PM.

One Day....
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
newbie
newbie
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
Okay... my fix temporarily was to go back to 7.2.2...

The importer works well or at least okay with that version...

7.3 has some issues with IE and permissions system is awesome but didn't work exactly perfectly when copying permissions from another board...

So far... Just running the upgrade from 6.7 to 7.2.2 works pretty darn good...

http://sclr.ods.org/roverboard/roverboard.shtml

Last edited by Viper_iii; 06/20/2008 11:26 AM.

One Day....
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
So, i'm trying to understand the problem...

So you have your site at sitea but your forums at siteb; and you're trying to login from sitea to siteb, are you using some sort of login page at sitea?

If you're trying to set a cookie at sitea for siteb you'll run into a cross domain cookie issue which shouldn't work in any browser; but perhaps i'm missunderstanding...


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
newbie
newbie
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
Site A: is only the left Frame...

Sibe B: is the frame that holds the forum.

basically just waiting for the new site to be developed then the forum will be much more standard on a non-framed page...

However I just reverted back to 7.2.2 and all works well... frame and all... Was able to use 7.2.2 because that was how long ago I was doing the original conversion.

take a look at the site and you'll see the framing...
I imagine it might be a cookie problem but not sure... why would the older threads work no problem?


One Day....

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
8.0.1 Patch Changelog Discussion
by isaac - 11/26/2025 1:34 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, 1 invisible), 527 guests, and 135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)