Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#215390 07/11/2008 9:50 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2
Google spiders my site about 2 - 3x per month, but never picks up my boards. I am guessing that is because the boards need a log in?

Does anyone know how I can get Google to crawl the board, while still requiring that posting only be done by registered users? Or am I completely off base and there is something else going on here?

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 16,532
Likes: 150
If your forum requires being logged in to VIEW content, then it cannot be crawled (as a search engine spider is a guest).

You don't have to allow posting by guests, just that the content be viewable.



I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2
K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2
I came to the right place for answers! Thank you - I was able to take it from there.


Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
PHP 8 bug in membermanage.tmpl
by phoenix011235 - 09/08/2026 7:47 PM
Are any of these legitmate?
by Baldeagle - 09/06/2026 1:37 PM
After server reboot
by Morgan - 09/02/2026 8:27 AM
Email Settings
by Outdoorking - 05/13/2026 2:44 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 121 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Ride safe!
Ride safe!
by Morgan, December 7
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.1.0
(Snapshot build 20260527)